This quick and easy Basil Pesto is so delicious, you’ll need to make a second batch! Perfect for adding to pasta, fish, baked tomatoes and sandwiches, it’s kicks up the flavor of your favorite foods!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
Any gardeners out there?
My garden is going insane this year!! I hope you guys are ready for an influx of zucchini recipes! I’ve already got some made and photographed, and they’ll be up on the blog here soon!
But today, let’s talk about basil. Some years my basil plants are small and wispy…and some years they grow into a bush! This year…I’ve got basil bushes growing in my garden, haha!
And while we use a lot of it to make our favorite bruschetta recipe…I’m also going to share our go-to BASIL PESTO recipe today!
Some of you may be thinking, hmmmm, I love pesto, but what can I use it on?
Here are some ideas:
- Pasta: Mix the pesto into some warm pasta noodles. Side dish completed, it’s that easy. Add some chicken to make it a meal.
- Halibut: adding a thick layer of pesto, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese makes a tasty dish!
- Salmon: Top your salmon with pesto and almonds. OMG yum!
- Shrimp: on the grill and delicious!
- Baked Tomatoes: healthy idea that uses up some of my summer tomatoes too!
- Pizza: make a grilled pizza with pesto, tomatoes and cheese!
I even made you a quick video to show just how easy it is to make Basil Pesto! If you have too much, put it in ice cube trays in the freezer. Then when making spaghetti, toss a few cubes into your sauce for extra flavor! ENJOY!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Yield: about 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Blend until fine.
- Slowly add in the olive oil and blend until desired consistency, adding more or less oil as needed. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. ENJOY.