Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Zucchini and a delicious Crumb topping!
Use up some of the summer zucchini with these incredibly moist and delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins. The crumb topping and sweet lemon glaze add so much texture and flavor!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Do I even have to apologize for yet ANOTHER zucchini recipe? I mean, seriously, it’s getting out of control. This is my SIXTH recipe this season, and I’ve got a couple more to share still!
But if you make ANY of them…I would start with today’s muffins. Oh my gosh, they are fantastic.
We are on our second week of school, and man am I tired. Trying to have some delicious, easy meals, while balancing work, sports, and homework is rough. And then, can you imagine, the kids all want breakfast in the morning. Geesh.
Good thing I have an arsenal of frozen zucchini breads and muffins at this point! These Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins are a great addition to your morning routine, and they freeze well too.
But let’s talk about that crumb topping. And the lemon glaze. All wonderful additions to an already flavorful and moist muffin. These muffins truly have it all:
- lemon poppy seed
- moisture from the zucchini
- crunchy crumb topping
- sweet lemon glaze
Perfect. Especially if you have a quiet house and a cup of coffee 😉
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 17-19 minutes
For the muffin:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
For the crumble:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin cup tin with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in zucchini, milk, melted butter, egg, lemon zest and lemon extract. Mix until combined (will be very thick). Fold in poppy seeds.
- Fill muffin tins evenly about 2/3 full. Set aside.
- For the crumble, combine melted butter with flour and sugar using a fork. Spoon over muffin batter in the muffin tins, pressing gently.
- Bake muffins for 17-19 minutes, until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before adding the glaze.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar with lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins. ENJOY.
More muffin recipes for your enjoyment!
Cinnamon Streusel Zucchini Muffins: another great zucchini muffins with a crunchy streusel and sweet cinnamon glaze!
Skinny Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: totally guilt free breakfast idea!
Apple Muffins with Caramel Glaze: the perfect pair!
Love today’s muffin recipe? Here are a few more muffins you may enjoy from my friends:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins from The Novice Chef Blog
- Oatmeal Spice Muffins from Five Heart Home
- Best Blueberry Muffins from Eat Cake for Dinner
- Raspberry Crumb Muffins from Creme de la Crumb