Zucchini “NOT APPLE” Crumble
Don’t tell anyone, but this hot Zucchini Crumble recipe is like apple pie, but with veggies! Sweet, caramel zucchini with a crunchy cinnamon crumble on top, this is the perfect comfort food dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Yep, you read that correctly. ZUCCHINI Crumble. Not apple. Not peach. Not berry. Straight up zucchinis my friends.
Did you know that you can swap out apples and use zucchini in your sweet recipes? No seriously. Take a peek at my favorite Apple Crumble here, and you’ll see today’s recipe is practically identical.
My family had no idea that this was NOT apples. The cinnamon, the nutmeg, the crunchy crumble on top…it was deceiving you guys! And I love having another use for all the zucchini in my garden. A use that doesn’t involve another loaf of bread. Because let’s face it…having 12 loaves of zucchini bread in my freezer is enough for a little while…I’m craving something different!
Don’t forget to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of your warm Zucchini Crumble. Or are you a whipped cream fan? Either way, it’s a great pairing. And you’ll feel good knowing you stuck veggies into dessert!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Yield: serves 8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For the Filling:
- 6 cups zucchini, diced small
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the Crumble:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cook oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the diced zucchini with lemon juice, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Pour into a 2 qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine all the crumble top ingredients. Using your hands, combine butter with dry ingredients until crumbly (this takes a few minutes). Sprinkle over the top of the zucchini mixture and press firmly.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy warm with a scoop of ice cream or fresh whipped cream!
If you love zucchini recipes….here are a few of my favorites:
Lemon Zucchini Cake: seriously, nobody will know that you stuck a green veggie in this delicious cake!!
Zucchini Muffins: perfect and easy to bake. The answer to breakfast is here!
Zucchini Brownies: ssshhhhh, don’t tell anyone, but the secret to these fudgy brownies is all about the vegetable!
If you love today’s Zucchini Crumble recipe, here are a few from my friends you may enjoy…
- Cinnamon Zucchini Cake from Six Sisters Stuff
- Zucchini Coffee Cake from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Zucchini Crisp from I am Baker
- Snickerdoodle Zucchini Bread from Oh Sweet Basil