Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Nuts
Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Nuts: a sweet and spicy snack mix recipe!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
I’ve been trying to write this post for over a month. But every time I attempt it, things go in the gutter. You see, this summer a group of our friends, along with my husband and I, we did something fun and different one day. We did an excursion complete with a river, some tubes, a few alcoholic beverages, and these nuts.
Our friend Tom made these Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Nuts from Barefoot Contessa. OMG. Needless to say, we began calling them “Tom’s Nuts.” Please pass “Tom’s Nuts.” Aren’t “Tom’s Nuts” delicious? I can’t get enough of these sweet and spicy “Tom’s Nuts.”
Seriously you guys. We’re a bunch of 40yr olds acting like we are 21 and having the best summer day ever.
So at the end of the trip, I decided I was going to make the recipe and share it here on the blog. Only, I couldn’t call it “Tom’s Nuts.” Because let’s face it, I’ve already used that phrase enough in one blog post, I don’t need the Google search engines categorizing my site as some x-rated recipe blog thanks to these nuts!
So I gave them a long boring name instead. And I really, really hope you try this recipe. The sweet brown sugar with the salty nuts and spicy chipotle is an amazing combination of flavors. These would be a great holiday gift in a mason jar with a ribbon! Or Valentine’s day “I’m nuts about you.” ENJOY!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Nuts
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups whole roasted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds
- 1/3 cup agave nectar ***
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 2 Tbsp minced, fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts with the agave nectar, sugar, orange juice, chipotle powder, rosemary and salt.
- Spread the nuts onto the baking sheet, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, removing every ten minutes to stir and flip the nuts on the pan.
- Remove from oven and cool. Stirring occasionally to separate them slightly from each other. Store in a an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. ENJOY.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**