Cherry Chip Brownies
Chocolate, fudgy homemade Cherry Chip Brownies! These two bite brownies are sweet and adorable for Valentine’s Day!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner…you know, the day people either hate or love.
Personally, I’m kind of indifferent. Having been married almost 22 years (OMG!!), we don’t usually do anything special. If it falls on a weekend, we’ll occasionally go out to dinner, but for the most part it’s business as usual around here.
I’ll usually make a nice dinner, and some sort of sweet treat for dessert (like these Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Parfaits), but otherwise our evenings are usually filled with our daughter’s sporting events and practices!
So lame, right?
Know what’s even more lame? As a food blogger, we tend to create our recipes way in advance. So while everyone was eating healthy in January I was working on making these Cherry Chip Brownies. I’ve even got a couple of Easter recipes tested and ready to go for March! It’s confusing when you live in the house of a food blogger. You eat Thanksgiving Dinner in September, and Christmas cookies in October.
But, the best part is we get to make these again for Valentine’s Day. The homemade, fudge brownie bites are wonderful. I love this silicone brownie pan (I use it for my homemade English Toffee recipe too). But you can use a mini muffin pan too if you have one on hand!
And the frosting….SWEET goodness! I could eat a jar of maraschino cherries in one sitting, so using the juice in the frosting is delicious. You can even add some chopped up cherries to give it even more cherry flavor. You just may need to add a little extra powdered sugar to thicken it up!! Or, just put a cherry on top of each brownie bite, that works too!!
What are YOUR Valentine’s Day plans?
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Cherry Chip Brownies
Yield: 48 brownies bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package (12 oz) dark chocolate morsels
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the butter with chocolate chips. Heat for one minute on high. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. You may need to stir and heat for one more round of 30 seconds until fully melted. Add sugar, flour, eggs and salt. Stirring until well blended.
- If using a silicone mold, you don't need to grease it. (If you are using a metal pan, you may want to lightly grease with baking spray). Drop batter by large tablespoons until evenly divided into pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Remove and cool in pan 5 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat butter for 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and maraschino cherry juice. Beat an additional 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips. Pipe onto brownies. ENJOY
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**