Lemon Garlic Pasta
You’ll love this tangy, Lemon Garlic Pasta as a side dish with your favorite chicken or fish! Or enjoy it as your main entree in under 30 minutes!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to PIN IT for later!
I’m on the hunt for easy, delicious recipes that can be used for both vegetarians and carnivores!
Today’s Lemon Garlic Pasta did NOT disappoint. It’s creamy (almost like an alfredo), but it’s packed with flavor! It is enjoyable on it’s own, or serve it with some grilled chicken or fish. This Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is how I served it up! That way, my daughter who is vegetarian can enjoy the pasta…and the rest of us enjoyed it with some fish (remember I’m pescetarian right now, which means I can eat seafood).
A few notes about making this easy Lemon Garlic Pasta:
- Use a big skillet to make the sauce in. Then, when the pasta is done cooking, you can pop it all into the skillet and serve from there! My favorite skillet is a 12 inch Stainless Steel version, so fantastic for so many recipes!
- If you don’t have vegetable stock (and you’re not a vegetarian), chicken stock works great in this recipe as well! You can also serve with chicken instead of fish.
- Use a good parmesan cheese, preferably shredded (not grated). The tanginess of the cheese really shines in this pasta dish.
- To add more or less “heat” adjust the amount of red pepper flakes. My family likes just a pinch, but if you enjoy things a bit spicier, add more!
- When I’m out of fresh garlic, I always have a jar of chopped garlic in my refrigerator. Perfect in a recipe like this one. If you’re using the garlic from a jar, you’ll need about 2 tsp to equal 4 cloves of fresh garlic.
If you love today’s Lemon Garlic Pasta recipe, be sure to check out my Cajun Sausage Pasta recipe! Especially if you like spicy cajun food! My recipe for Italian Chicken Casserole is always a huge hit when I bring it to potlucks. Even the kids love it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Lemon Garlic Pasta
Yield: serves 6
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet on low heat, add oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Heat for several minutes, add lemon juice, vegetable broth and heavy cream. Allow to heat thoroughly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add parmesan cheese and allow to melt.
- Add cooked pasta, mix sauce thoroughly to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**