Happy Valentine’s Day
Tonight I receive my gift…Michael is cooking dinner. I don’t think he realizes what a gift it is though. And no, he is not cooking omelets, pancakes or french toast. I gave him my Sloppy Joe Mac ‘n Cheese recipe and he is actually cooking. Meat. Noodles. Chopping onions.
Valentine Heart Meringues
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry Jello mix (about 1/2 pkg of sugar free Jello) OR 1/2 tsp extract (any flavor)
- food coloring (if using extract only)
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- Beat egg whites on high speed until foamy for about 30 seconds. Add cornstarch and vinegar, beat until soft peaks form (about one minute). While beating, add in sugar, in a steady stream. Depending on what flavor you want to use, you can add in Strawberry Jello mix (about 1 1/2 tsp of sugar free Jello). OR, if you want a peppermint flavored meringue, add extract and food coloring and skip the Jello. Beat on high for about 4 minutes more, until stiff peaks form.
- Using a cookie sheet with parchment paper, draw the shape you want to make using a pencil. Turn parchment over. Fill a decorator bag and use the large star tip. Pipe meringue onto parchment tracing your outline. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter, but you could use any shape.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for one hour and thirty minutes. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven for another hour or more until completely dry.
- Melt chocolate chips until smooth. Dip bottom of cookies in chocolate, let dry on parchment paper. Store in airtight container for up to 7 days, enjoy!!!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**