Do have days when you just don’t want to deal with dinner? But, you have a big family, and it’s your job. I mean, at least in my family that’s how I look at it. I’m sure there are plenty of days when my husband doesn’t want to go to work, but that’s his job.
This is an easy, versatile dinner idea that you can whip up in no time. With lots of shortcuts too. I use Rhode’s dinner rolls as my crust for the pizza muffins, but you could make homemade rolls if you prefer. If you want to show off. And make me feel bad. Just don’t tell me. K?
Speaking of Rhodes…I’m so excited. Do any of you visit Jonna over at Just Get off Your Butt and Bake? I love her. I mean, I don’t know her, but I stalk her. That’s love right? Same thing? Anyways, she had a giveaway, and the prize was a Rhodes Cookbook. Guess who won? Yeah. Me. Woot!!! Thanks Jonna! Thanks Rhodes!!!
Back to the pizza muffins. So, use the Rhode’s dinner rolls (or be an overachiever and make your own, whatever) and put them in your cupcake pan to thaw and rise. I made 24 muffins. Another cheat…if you want to make some BBQ chicken and Buffalo chicken muffins, use a rotisserie chicken. Or, plan ahead (I know, harder than it sounds sometimes) and bake up some extra chicken one night with your dinner. Toss it in the freezer so all you have to do is pull out your already cooked chicken for this recipe (that’s what I did).
Assemble and eat. Repeat. Serve with a salad. I think I served mine with canned peaches. Are you judging me? I didn’t think so…
Pizza Muffins-3 ways
- 24 Rhode’s dinner rolls (from frozen)
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 oz can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hot wing sauce
- 3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- This is enough toppings to make 24 dinner rolls, in three varieties.
- Place frozen dinner rolls into ungreased cupcake pans. Allow to thaw and rise at room temperature for 4 hours. When soft, press roll into sides of pan. Prick bottom twice with a fork. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Will not be completely cooked yet.
- In one bowl, mix tomato sauce, paste, Italian seasoning and cooked ground beef. Fill 8 semi-cooked muffins with mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In another bowl mix BBQ sauce with half of the cooked, diced chicken and red onion. Fill 8 muffins and top with mozzarella cheese.
- In the third bowl, mix wing sauce with remaining chicken. Fill remaining muffins and top with remaining cheese.
- Put muffins back in oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until completely cooked and cheese is melted.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**