Chewy Malt Ball Cookies
I’m so excited about these cookies. I have a thing for Whoppers. I love them! So every Easter when Robin Eggs are available I eat my fair share and then some. This year I decided to make a recipe using these Robin Eggs.
First, you’re going to use a food processor (or high powered blender) to process 1 1/2 cups of robin eggs. You want to make a fine powder with them. You’re going to add this fine powder into your cookie dough. It’s going to give the dough a very chewy consistency! But be warned, these cookies will spread. So be sure to follow the steps carefully. Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to baking. And use parchment paper or a silpat!
Secondly, to help with the chewy factor, you’re going to slightly crush another cup of whoppers. I laid them all in a ziploc bag and took my meat tenderizer, gently tapping each robin egg. It breaks open. That’s all you want. Big chunks of Robin Eggs (or Whoppers). I also added in some milk chocolate morsels, for good measure!
So there you go. The Whoppers get soft and chewy as they cook, so don’t expect any crunch in there! These are best AFTER they have cooled completely. I know, I know it’s hard to resist a fresh baked cookie. But trust me, you want these to set.
Now, go pick up a couple bags of Robin Eggs because I have another delicious recipe later this week using them!
Chewy Malt Ball Cookies
Yield: 4-5 dozen
Prep Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cup Whoppers (Robin Eggs), divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- In a food processor, process 1 1/2 cups of Robin Eggs to a find powder. Set aside. To remaining 1 cup of Robin Eggs, lightly crush into large chunks. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat butter with brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add in milk, vanilla and eggs until thoroughly combined. Beat in flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly beat in the Robins Eggs powder. Fold in chopped Robin Eggs and chocolate morsels.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least ONE HOUR. Very important.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, drop by large tablespoon. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Will appear slightly underdone, allow to cool completely on parchment paper on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Love Whoppers? Here is one of my favorite cookie bars. It has a malted cookie crust topped with a chocolate fudge and crushed whoppers. I’m pretty sure you will love these as much as I do! Whopper Cookie Bars!
Did you know Google Reader is going away come July? Be sure you follow me in other places so you don’t miss a recipe! I love using Bloglovin to follow my favorite blogs. You can find me here:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**