Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Morsels and Maple Glaze.
Creating the perfect pumpkin cookie takes time. As in numerous batches of cookies, some edible, some not so much.
Just when I was about to give up, I remembered THIS Iced Oatmeal Cookie recipe on my blog. And I thought, perfect! The oatmeal will absorb some of the extra liquid from the pumpkin creating a delicious, soft (NOT CAKE-Y) pumpkin cookie.
Then of course I had to go whip up a glaze. And I think maple and pumpkin are just perfect together. Oh, and instead of chocolate chips, like you might see in most pumpkin cookies, I used white chocolate morsels.
Such a delicious pumpkin cookie. And I can say that honestly since I ate nearly half of them on my own.
These could also be great for breakfast on the go. I mean, pumpkin is healthy, right? Not too different from a granola bar. And it pairs so nicely with coffee. Just sayin!
Are you following me on Bloglovin’? It’s my favorite way to keep up with the blogs I want to read!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
For the cookie:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- 1 Tbsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars. Add pumpkin and mix until fully combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, oats and flour. Mix until blended.
- Fold in white chocolate morsels.
- Drop cookies by large tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 14-16 minutes. Remove and cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk together all the ingredients. Drizzle or spoon onto each cookie. Allow to set, about 15 minutes.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
I have some favorite COOKIE recipes…
Funfetti Cookies– not from a cake mix!!
Some of my favorite cookies on the web…
Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies from A Pumpkin and a Princess
m&m Chocolate Chip Cookies from Crumbs and Chaos
White Chocolate Snickerdoodles from Oh Sweet Basil
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**