Peppermint Cracker Toffee
This Peppermint Cracker Toffee is ridiculously easy and delicious. Crisp, buttery toffee topped with white chocolate and peppermint candy!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
As we are only weeks away I’m getting stressed about the holiday! Normally by now I’ve got most of the gifts bought and all I have left to do is wrap presents.
This year, things are different. We have a vacation coming up over the holidays, and I’m trying to prepare for that, AND get our gifts bought. I’m not doing very well multi-tasking.
I walk into stores and walk out without anything in hand. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME THIS YEAR??? I just can’t seem to get my holiday jingle on. Send help!
One thing I’m doing good at though, is eating through the Christmas treats. Yep, that’s working just fine. I made this Peppermint Cracker Toffee and I can’t stay out of the container. It’s sooooo good.
I used my favorite Saltine Toffee recipe as a starting point, and instead of topping it with pecans and chocolate, I opted for white chocolate and crushed candy canes!
I even made a video to show you just easy it is to make Peppermint Cracker Toffee!
Back to my original story though…who wants to do the shopping for me this year? I really should have done it while we were having a warm November, and now it’s freezing and snowing here! Brrrrr!
A few notes about making Peppermint Cracker Toffee:
- Pan melt your butter, then add your sugar. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Line 40 saltine crackers on a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Pour mixture over crackers, slowly, making sure that all the crackers have been covered in butter
- Bake this for about 10 minutes. You want to make sure that the crackers look brown and caramelized.
- Sprinkle your white chocolate chips over the crackers. Allow to sit for a few minutes to melt. Using a spatula, spread the melted white chocolate evenly and immediately add the crushed peppermint.
- Once the white chocolate has hardened, break into pieces and store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. ENJOY!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Peppermint Cracker Toffee
Yield: 40 pieces
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (11 oz) white chocolate chips
- 6 candy canes, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with the saltine crackers. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add in sugar and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Once it begins to boil, remove from heat.
- Pour over saltine crackers. Place in a 375°F oven for about 10 minutes, until crackers are browned and caramelized.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and allow to sit for several minutes (until they melt). Spread with a spatula evenly over crackers and immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Allow chocolate to set and store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**