Cashew Brittle made in the microwave! It couldn’t be easier, and it’s a fun twist on the classic peanut brittle.
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Several years back I made a recipe for Peanut Brittle, in the microwave! I usually whip up a batch of this easy candy at least once a year.
Recently at the grocery store I saw a bag of Cashew Brittle. It got me thinking how easy it would be to take that microwave Peanut Brittle recipe and make a Cashew version.
My husband is crazy about cashews. I mean, I love them too, but he could seriously devour an entire bag in a sitting without blinking. That said, I did find a big bag of cashews that I hid in the back of the pantry. Comes in handy when you want to make this cashew brittle or these Toffee Cashew Cookies!
A few tips about making this Cashew Brittle:
- My microwave is 1500 watt (full power). Be sure to change your power level by reading the directions below carefully!
- You’ll want to use a clean, microwave safe bowl when making this recipe. Be careful when removing the bowl from the microwave each time when stirring, this gets VERY HOT. Use hot pads or oven mitts.
- Have your cookie sheet lined with parchment paper ahead of time. Once you pour the hot mixture onto the parchment paper, use a large knife (or frosting spreader) to smooth out the brittle to desired thickness. I like it to be thin enough that the cashews pop out to create texture!
- Your bowl will be hard to clean. Sorry about that. Use VERY VERY HOT water to soak it, then use a scraper to crack out the brittle from the bowl. It will come clean, I promise!
- Allow your brittle to sit out and harden at room temperature for about 2 hours. Once it’s hardened, use your hands or a clean kitchen hammer (or meat tenderizer) to break your brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. ENJOY.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**