Oreo Brownie Cake
Oreo Brownie Cake is a decadent treat with three layers! Starting with a brownie base and topped with two layers of white cake, this cake is covered with Oreo frosting and chocolate ganache!
Confession. I love cake. I’m weak around cake. And when it comes to eating cake…I always finish my slice. Also, the more frosting the better!
Today’s Oreo Brownie Cake is the ultimate dessert. Whether you need a chocolate treat for Valentine’s Day, a birthday, or just a regular Thursday evening, THIS cake is the answer.
It starts with a brownie layer on the bottom. Not just any brownie though, I made the Ghirardelli Triple Fudge brownies, in my 9-inch springform pan. Holy fudge. Packed with chocolate, chocolate fudge, and chocolate chips, these brownies are amazing!
I also pressed in a dozen Oreo cookies to my brownie batter before baking. I mean, it’s not an Oreo Brownie Cake until it’s packed with Oreos!
For the cake layers, I made my homemade white cake recipe. I love how thick and delicious they turn out, and hold up to the frosting! But, if you’re in a pinch, feel free to use any boxed white cake you have! Just be sure you use 9-inch cake pans to match the 9-inch springform pan!
Once you have your brownie layer and your cake layers made, it’s time to get going on the frosting! Oh, the frosting, you guys. I took about 15 double stuff Oreo cookies and put them in my food processor, until they became crumbs. I added most of it to the buttercream frosting, and spread it evenly over the layers and outside.
But wait. There’s more.
I topped this decadent cake with some dark chocolate ganache. And the remaining Oreo crumbs. Y’all this might be one of my favorite cakes I’ve ever made. And that’s saying something because this Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is to die for. As is this delicious Watergate Cake. But I regress.
Today’s Oreo Brownie Cake is the perfect dessert…will you try it?
BIG NEWS ALERT:
For the month of February I will be holding a baking challenge in THIS FACEBOOK group only. The rules are there on how to enter, but basically, it’s all about cakes. Bake a cake, share it (with the rules I laid out in the pinned post in the group), and you’ll be entered to win a fabulous prize. From me 🙂 Ready to enter?
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Oreo Brownie Cake
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour plus
For the brownies:
- 1 box brownie mix (for an 8 or 9-inch pan)- with ingredients on box- (I used Ghirardelli Triple Fudge Brownies)
- 12 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
For the Cake:
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk, divided
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 15 Double Stuff Oreos, divided
For the ganache:
- 10 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate morsels
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
For the brownie layer:
- Prepare brownie mix in a 9-inch springform pan, lined with parchment paper and sprayed with baking spray. Bake according to package directions. Remove from oven.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove springform and cool on wire rack. Set aside.
For the cake layers:
- Whisk together the egg whites and 1/4 cup of the milk in a small bowl until slightly combined. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Beat in egg white mixture until fully blended. Add in remaining milk and beat for 3-4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Spray two 9-inch cake pans with baking spray. Pour batter into pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 26-28 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
For the frosting:
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreo until they become a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl for about 4 minutes, until fluffy and pale in color. Add in powdered sugar and milk and beat an additional 3-5 minutes, until fluffy and smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the cookie crumbs (set aside the remaining crumbs for the garnish).
- Place the brownie layer on the bottom of a cake platter. Add 1/4 of the frosting and spread evenly. Top with one of the cake layers and repeat with another 1/4 of the frosting. Top with remaining cake layer and use the last 1/2 of the frosting to cover the cake completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate with the heavy cream. Heat over high for one minute. Remove and stir until smooth. Allow too cool for a couple minutes, then spread over the top of the frosted cake.
- Immediately add the reserved cookie crumbs to the top of the ganache. Add whole Oreos if desired, for a garnish. Allow ganache to set, then serve and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**