BBQ Chicken and Corn Cakes
Ever have one of those days where you plan something and it falls through. Well. It happened to me today. I planned on making a chocolate cake roll, filled with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. Topped off with some chocolate ganache and Valentine sprinkles. It was going to be awesome, and a wonderful ending to Valentine’s Day.
- 2 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chipotle seasoning, divided
- BBQ sauce (your favorite brand or homemade)
- Two boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter
- I actually microwave my chicken in my stoneware casserole dish for 10 minutes. THEN, in a skillet, mix chicken, onion, green pepper and 1 Tbsp chipotle seasoning. Mix enough BBQ sauce to make it goopy (about 1 cup). Cook over medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix Jiffy dry mix with egg, milk and 1 Tbsp chipotle seasoning. Heat large griddle, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Using a large scoop, drop about ¼ cup corn cake batter onto griddle. Cook like a pancake, turning when lightly browned.
- To serve, pour chicken mixture over pancakes. Enjoy!! This is great with coleslaw as a side dish. Yum.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**