Carrot Cake Muffin Tops with Cream Cheese Frosting
I don’t know if you all are ready to hear this yet, but Easter is just around the corner! This is a busy time of year in our home. Two birthdays, Easter and spring break all fall within a two week period!
These carrot cake muffin tops are a perfect addition to any Easter brunch. Or, make a batch for Spring Break.
Finding yourself busy during the day, guess what? They make a delicious dessert too! (and lunch, and dinner, but that might just be me…)
For the Muffins:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
For the Frosting:
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream
- In large bowl mix the sugar, oil and eggs together. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Fold in carrots.
- Spray muffin top pan (I use Wilton's) with Baker's Joy and fill each spot with about 2Tbsp of filling. DO NOT OVERFILL. You should get 24 equal sized muffin tops.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
- For frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese for about 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and cream. Beat until combined. Pour icing into a large ziploc bag, snip off the corner and drizzle on cooled muffin tops. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**