Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
A delicious treat for Valentine’s Day. These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are packed with maraschino cherries, homemade cookie dough and festive MY M&M’S®.
**I’m partnering with MY M&M’S® to share the sweetest Valentine’s Day edible gift idea!**
Valentine’s Day is this weekend.
My husband and I will be sitting by the pool all day. #jealous ?
I know, that sounded lovely. But in reality it won’t be some gorgeous warm tropical destination. Our oldest daughter is a swimmer, so we’ll be sitting on a bleacher at a humid, indoor pool for 6 hours.
Ha! One thing I do though to show my family some Valentine’s Day love is make sweet desserts to give as gifts! It’s a little thing I can do, and who doesn’t appreciate dessert?
Speaking of gifts, did you know you can make YOUR sweetie feel extra special this Valentine’s Day with personalized MY M&M’S®!? You can customize your candy in a variety of fun colors (25!!) with exclusive online printing options that allow you to add photos, clip art images and text to your M&M’S! Cool right?
The last day to order your MY M&M’S in time for your Valentine without having to pay rush shipping is Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at mymms.com. How will you personalize YOURS?
MY M&M’S® gifted me with this customized Valentine’s Day blend gift box (you can get one here) and some sweet colored candies for baking!
The adorable box with the printed “love images” had my brain running as the best way to gift these to my Valentine! One of my favorite truffles on the blog is my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle recipe. I gave them a pink twist for the holiday by adding in some maraschino cherries and festive MY M&M’S®!
I even created a quick video to show you how I dunk my truffles (it’s a common question I get asked!). I freeze my truffles first, then using a toothpick I give them a quick dunk in melted chocolate. Tap the side of your bowl to let the excess drip off! Voila! Don’t forget to give a second drizzle of chocolate to attach the sprinkles and custom MY M&M’S®.
In case you were wondering, the gift box is working double time in our house…I’ve stuffed it with some of the truffles and candy to give my husband (I hope he’s not reading this)!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup diced maraschino cherries (about 15 cherries)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup MY M&M'S® (I used milk chocolate)
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 16 oz white chocolate candy coating (or almond bark), melted
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels, melted
- 48 MY M&M'S®, for garnish
- Sprinkles, for garnish, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until creamy. Add in sugars and maraschino cherries. Beat until combined.
- Add in flour and salt. Beat until blended. Fold in M&M'S and mini chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop (about 1 Tbsp) of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Using a toothpick, dip each frozen truffle into the melted white chocolate (tapping on the side of the bowl to remove excess). Return to parchment paper and repeat until all truffles are dipped.
- Place melted milk chocolate into a plastic bag, snip off the corner and drizzle over truffles. Immediately press your customized MY M&M'S® candy onto the top of each truffle. Add festive sprinkles, if desired. Allow truffles to set, about 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for about a week. ENJOY.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with MY M&M’S®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Shugary Sweets possible.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**