Cherry White Chocolate Granola
I had some leftover dried cherries from making this cherry fudge. What to do, what to do. I thought about making granola bars, like these and these, but ultimately decided I needed to eat more yogurt.
I have this breakfast eating problem. I don’t usually eat breakfast, unless someone makes me breakfast…like pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, french toast, etc. I KNOW how horrible this is, especially since halfway through my morning workout I’m starving, and tired.
With this granola though? I could totally eat more yogurt for breakfast. Oh, and it’s good on ice cream too. Which I wouldn’t mind for breakfast either.
I make mine using store bought granola cereal, for a tasty little shortcut. I keep it stored in an airtight bowl, and it’s ready for a quick breakfast, or just to grab a handful on my way to the gym. Enjoy!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cup granola cereal (I use Cascadian Farm Maple Nut Granola)
- 1 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- In large saucepan, heat butter, sugar and honey over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook about 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Fold in cereals and peanuts. Quickly add in chocolate and cherries. Pour onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to harden, about 30 minutes.
- Break up large chunks and store in air tight container for up to one week. Enjoy by itself, or on yogurt, icecream, etc.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**