Chicken and Chilies White Cream Soup
Hey friends! Halloween is over. In case you didn’t know.
Or are you in some sort of sugar coma? I know you’re expecting a crazy sweet dessert using up all those leftover candies that you have been munching on, one by one, every hour.
But I thought instead I would give you a dinner recipe! It’s been awhile since I shared a delicious dinner idea with you all! Don’t worry I’ll be back with some treats soon!!
So let’s get to it! This recipe started out with every intention of being a white chicken chili. But then it occurred to me, my family hates beans. Anyone else have this problem? All four of my kids, and my husband, hate beans. It’s quite a problem. So, I decided to play around with this and give you a hearty chicken and rice soup instead! I hope you enjoy this as much as we did! Serve it up with my favorite garlic knots or cheesy onion beer bread!
**soup will thicken as it sits, so eat immediately for best flavor and texture!!
If you like this Chicken Soup recipe, you may also enjoy these soup recipes….
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup– a tasty chicken soup that simmers in your slow cooker all day, filled with all your favorite enchilada seasonings! by Shugary Sweets
White Chicken Chili– chicken chili with BEANS! by Inquiring Chef
Crockpot Chicken Chili- chicken soup with tomatoes and beans. by A Zesty Bite
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Jasmine Rice (uncooked)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4oz sour cream
- In large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add green chilies, broth, rice, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover and simmer on low heat for about one hour, until rice is thoroughly cooked (stirring occasionally).
- Mix in heavy cream and sour cream, cover and heat on low for an additional 15-20 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 124mg Sodium: 1078mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Protein: 27g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**