Chicken, Corn and Potato Chowder
It is cold here in Ohio. Not wintry cold. Just *chilled to the bone because I refuse to turn on the heat* cold. Am I the only one that sets a date in my head as when it’s too soon to turn heat on? Same with air conditioning. Sorry, but it won’t go on before the kids get out for summer break in my house.
This drives my husband crazy. After all, “I work hard and we can afford it, why do you refuse to use it?”
Honestly, I don’t know. I have no reason what so ever, except to say, it’s only October. That’s my defense. Go put on a hoodie, slippers and wrap a blanket around yourself. And eat a bowl of this chowder. You’ll feel better.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 baking potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14.75oz) cans creamed corn
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (the green stuff)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp southwest seasoning (or taco seasoning)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large crockpot, add vegetables, chicken breasts, broth, corn, salsa and seasonings. Heat on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken, dice or shred, and return to crockpot. In last half hour before serving, add cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Stir thoroughly before serving. Add more cheese, sour cream or tortilla strips with each bowl. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**