Chicken Parmesan (healthified!!)
See that piece of chicken on the left? It’s not covered in cheese? Yeah, it was mine, and it was surprisingly delicious. Let me tell you a little bit about it.
First, I’ve been trying to cut out some of my carbs since the first of the year. Last year, as my first year of food blogging, I gained ten pounds. YIKES. I had very little self control when it came to sampling my wares.
But I’ve learned (the hard way), that I need to bake in moderation. And sample in moderation. And I thought you all might enjoy this healthy dinner recipe. And if not, then make that piece of chicken on the right, with the panko crumbs and mozzarella cheese. Don’t say I didn’t give you a choice though!
Plus, TRUST ME, the chicken on the left is flavorful, and juicy, and perfect without all the extra calories.
Woah. Who am I?
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 15 oz can no salt tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4inch thick, by place in ziploc bag and banging with large skillet.
- In large oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Dip each chicken breast in egg whites and place in hot skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook about 3-4 minutes each side, until browned. Remove pan from heat.
- Pour tomato sauce over the breasts. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until fully cooked. Remove from oven and enjoy!
**If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, you may also enjoy…
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**