This fun Valentine’s Day treat is great for parties or just weekend snacking. Chocolate Cherry Muddy Buddies (or puppy chow) are sweet and crunchy, and fun to share!
My kids have been on a puppy chow kick lately. (or Muddy Buddies…which name do you prefer?)
Instead of baking cookies, they have been asking for this sweet snack mix in their lunches! It’s hard for me to say no, since I love it just as much!
This week, instead of making the original recipe, we changed it up some. I had a bag of Cherry M&M’S in my pantry and I decided to put them to good use.
We mixed up the melted chocolate (I prefer to use this) with the Chex cereal. In a large ziploc bag I added the powdered sugar with the gelatin powder. Add the chocolate covered cereal to the bag, zip it closed, and shake shake shake!
Once the cereal is completely covered with the powdered sugar, add in your M&M’s to the bag. This is one of the easiest snacks, and it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Speaking of which, just going to give my hubby a little hint here…I’d love a new refrigerator for the big day. Nothing says I love you like a new stainless steel fridge 🙂
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 8 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 1 package (16 oz) chocolate melting wafers (I love Ghirardelli)
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant cherry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cherry flavored M&M'S
- In a large bowl mix together the cereal with melted chocolate. Stir until completely coated.
- In a large gallon sized ziploc, add powdered sugar with gelatin powder. Shake until blended. Add in chocolate covered cereal. Shake. Shake Shake, until fully coated. Add in M&M'S.
- Store in covered container up to one week. ENJOY!
Love today’s snack mix? Here are a few of my other favorite flavors:
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow: cinnamon sugar with a fun cereal surprise!
Thin Mint Puppy Chow: a fun, chocolate mint flavor that tastes JUST like your favorite Girl Scout Cookie
Hot Cocoa Puppy Chow: curl up with a cocoa and a movie and snack on this delicious recipe!
**This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy for more info**