Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheese Ball
Enjoy a sweet cheese ball recipe for game day with this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheese Ball recipe. Packed with cream cheese and chocolate chip cookies, it will be the hit of your dessert table!
Are you a big football fan? If I have to be honest…I’m not a sports fan. Unless I’m at the game or my team has made it the end of the season (go Cubs go).
However, I am a fan of sports parties…like Superbowl Sunday. Love the commercials and all the food we enjoy!
Each year I try to create a “football” themed food. I’ve made these Football peppermint patties, some Football oatmeal Cream pies, Football blondies, Football Cookie Bars, and finally this Football Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball.
We love that cheese ball recipe, so I thought, instead of Oreos what if I used Chips Ahoy?
Turned out delicious, in case you were wondering. The bits and pieces of cookie INSIDE the cheese ball are a sweet surprise. I also pressed the crumbs onto the outside to give it that football appearance. You could totally use chocolate chips instead if you want it to be a darker color!
As for dippers? Apple, pretzels, grahams or spoon are all acceptable tools 🙂 ENJOY!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 18 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies, crushed (divided)
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and brown sugar and beat an additional 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Remove a spoonful (about 2-3 Tbsp) and place in a small ziploc bag. Seal and set aside.
- To the bowl of cream cheese, add 3/4 worth of the crushed cookies (reserving the remainder to press on top) and the chocolate chips. Blend completely.
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap. Drop the cream cheese mixture into the plastic wrap lined bowl. Fold up the plastic around the cheese ball. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and shape cheese ball into a football on a serving plate. Press remaining crushed cookies into top and sides until completely covered. Using your reserved baggie of cream cheese mixture, snip off the corner and pipe "laces" onto your cheese ball.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Enjoy with pretzels, apples, or graham crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 104mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 31g Protein: 2g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**