It seems I’m a little late getting on the chocolate chip cheesecake bandwagon, but I’m so glad I hopped aboard. The Rolo melts down into the cookie crust to give you a chewy caramel cookie crust. To. Die. For.
If you don’t want to bake these up into muffins, you can certainly make a pan of them, and cut them into slices. Whatever works!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffins with Rolos. Delicious, easy recipe!
For the Cookie
- 3/4 cup Crisco butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Filling:
- 24 Rolo candies (I used minis, but regular would work too)
- 2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat shortening with sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips. Set aside about 1/3 of cookie mixture for topping.
- Press remaining dough in 24 cupcake liners. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Remove cookies from oven, press one rolo into each crust, lightly. Scoop cheesecake mixture over each crust. Drop bits of reserved cookie dough over cheesecake. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes more.
- Remove, cool and store covered in refrigerator. ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.