Not for the faint of heart. These are truly peanut butter-licious!
This is a crazy week here at our home. Spring sports are now in session. Add to that several commitments I made with catering and you have a full schedule. What makes a crazy night better?
Yep, chocolate and peanut butter. And now, with these bars, I don’t have to dip candy bars in my peanut butter jar. Not that I do that often.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz peanut butter morsels, divided
- 1 cup Reese's pieces candies
- Beat butter and sugars for 3 minutes. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Add in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix completely. Fold in 10 oz peanut butter chips and Reese's pieces candy.
- Spread dough (with fingertips) into a large cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Remove and cool. Cut into 24 bars.
- Melt remaining peanut butter chips according to package directions (I used the microwave at 30 second intervals). Put melted chips into a ziploc sandwich bag, snip off the corner and drizzle over cooled cookie bars.
- Allow to set, about 15 minutes. Enjoy!