Chocolate Wafer Cookies
Actually, after looking at my pictures of these cookies, the mocha dollops remind me of caramel. Mmmm, that would be good too!
For the Cookies:
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Vanilla Cream:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (clear if possible)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream
For the Chocolate Mocha Filling:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp brewed coffee
- Beat butter and margarine. Add in sugars and beat until well blended. Add vanilla and egg. Slowly add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine with hands if necessary.
- Shape into 2- 12inch logs about 2 inches wide, 2 inches high. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick, bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- For vanilla cream filling, beat melted butter with Crisco. Beat in sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until smooth and fluffy. Spread about 1 Tbsp of filling between two chocolate wafers.
- For the chocolate mocha filling, melt butter and chocolate in small saucepan over medium-low heat. When completely smooth, remove from heat and whisk in vanilla, coffee and sugar. Spoon small dollop onto top of each cookie. Yum.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**