For the Cookie Base:
- 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder (Original, not chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
For the Filling:
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 oz milk chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 60 chocolate covered pretzel twists (Flipz)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, beat crisco, milk and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and beat until fully combined. Slowly beat in malted milk powder, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Press cookie dough into a large baking sheet with one inch sides. I used a 15 1/2 x 10inch pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in large sauce pan, heat sweetened condensed milk until and butter until warm over med-low heat. Add in milk chocolate and heat until smooth, whisking constantly. Pour into prepared cookie crust.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter for 30 seconds. Drizzle over fudge filling and immediately press in the chocolate covered pretzels. Refrigerate cookies for 2 hours or overnight. Cut into squares. ENJOY!
**SHORTCUT: use a roll of pre-made cookie dough for the base to make this super simple! The malted milk powder gives these cookie bars a delicious CHEWY texture!