The rich taste of Creme Brulee in homemade coffee creamer! Sweet vanilla with notes of light caramel make this easy creamer the perfect addition to both hot and iced coffees.
I stopped buying fancy coffee creamer once I learned how easy it is to make at home. It all started with this French Vanilla Coffee Creamer.
Table of Contents
Why this Creamer is Best
If you find yourself heading to the drive-thru to pick up a creme brulee flavored coffee regularly, you can’t afford to not try this homemade coffee creamer!
- Today’s Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer is inspired by the famous crackly-topped French dessert.
- The fusion of brown sugar and vanilla flavors transform any cup of coffee into a decadent treat.
- This budget friendly recipe takes just 10 minutes to make.
- It gives you all the sweet creamy taste of a coffee house latte at a fraction of the cost!
It’s no secret I love splurging on treats from bakeries and coffee shops. But making my own cold brew coffee and lemon loaf is so much cheaper (and far more delicious).
You only need four ingredients to make this incredible coffee creamer.
- Evaporated milk – Not to be confused with sweetened condensed milk, this canned milk makes the coffee creamer, well, CREAMY!
- Brown sugar – For sweetness and a familiar creme brulee flavor.
- Vanilla – Always use a pure vanilla extract for that irresistible creamy flavor you love.
- Whole milk – I prefer this for rich flavored creamer but if you need a lower vat version, feel free to use 2% or skim milk instead.
Tips and Tricks
- Heat the evaporated milk with the brown sugar. The brown sugar will dissolve into the warm milk as it heats on the stove.
- Add the vanilla and whole milk to the mixture after removing it from the stove.
- Store your homemade coffee creamer in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. I like to use a mason jar!
Separation of the liquids and solids is normal in homemade coffee creamer. Just give the jar a good shake to recombine the contents before adding it to your coffee.
Most large grocery stores carry fat free evaporated milk (or fat free sweetened condensed milk).
To make it sugar free, you can also substitute stevia brown sugar substitutes for the light brown sugar.
Instead of whole milk or higher fat milk, use skim (fat free) milk. You’ll love the flavor!
Use the expiration date on your milk carton to determine how long this creme brulee coffee creamer will keep. Keep the creamer in the fridge and enjoy it up until the expiration date listed on your milk.
You sure can! This homemade coffee creamer tastes great in hot coffee and iced coffee alike. Or use it to flavor your espresso!
More Coffee Creamer recipes
- This French Vanilla Coffee Creamer is my most popular. It’s the base recipe of most of my creamer recipes!
- Turn your coffee into a pumpkin spice latte! This Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer is perfect for Fall!
- Chocolate Marshmallow Coffee Creamer
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer
- Almond Joy Coffee Creamer
Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer
- 1 can 12 ounce evaporated milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat evaporated milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk until sugar is dissolved. This takes a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the milk and vanilla extract. Pour into a large (quart sized) mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use. ENJOY!!
- To determine expiration date, use the date on your milk carton as your guide. This creamer will last in your refrigerator until the milk date.
Add a splash of homemade Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer to your coffee mug for a sweet start to your day.
Simple and delicious!
Whipping cream substituted for which milk (whole or evaporated)? Thank you. 😊
Thank you for your expert a great recipe. It was a bit too thin for my liking, so I tweaked it a little. I substituted 2 cups heavy whipping cream, kept the other recipe ingredients, then added 2 ¼ tsps Torani Vanilla Bean syrup. This was much thicker and held the sweatness in the coffee. Later I added about a ¼ tsp Torani Caramel syrup. I may try the Torani Irish Cream syrup next time.
What did you substitute the heavy cream for, the whole milk or the evaporated milk?
Oh this is the best way to start your day! I need to make asap!
This looks heavenly! I can’t wait to add this to my morning coffee.
What a great way to start my day! I’m going to have to try this tomorrow with my morning coffee!
Yum! Love a way to cool down my coffee for the summer 🙂 Definitely giving this a try
I love creme brulee flavor!! I bet it’s a nice added bonus!
I don’t have instagram so I can’t show you, but I just made this and it’s delicious!
Im sowed in and ran out of creamer. Just made this so ill be trying it in the am. Fingers crossed
i love this recipe so far, but just wondering. can you use dark brown sugar if you dont have light? i was looking for a creamer recipe that didnt involve evaporated or condensed milk (budget here), or half an half. wanted to try the vegan ones but i do NOT like the idea of powdered dates or cashews in my tea…EW lol. i like soy milk or almond milk in my tea..but well…making yer own creamer can be a pain. also, any ideas on how to make other flavors…like choc chip, irish cream…etc? thanks 🙂
Here’s my list of coffee creamers! https://www.shugarysweets.com/tag/coffee-creamer/
I’m yet another Bailey’s Creme Brulee REFUGEE! I made it two days without my creamer….and it looks like I found the right place!