Frozen Banana Bites
Frozen bananas covered in chocolate is one of my favorite treats from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Yes, okay, fine, I used to get a lot of treats at the Chocolate factory (like this and this). It’s a good thing we moved away. I agree completely. Because now, I can recreate the treats at home, by the dozens. Ha, take that!
Here’s the difference, I like a good chocolate to banana ratio, so I cut my bananas into chunks before freezing them! Plus, don’t you feel less guilty when you eat a smaller portion.
What about if you eat 6 smaller portions?
( I really need some sunshine back here in Ohio…these pictures are crazy bad)
- 5 whole bananas, cut into chunks (about 5 pieces per banana)
- 10 oz melted chocolate, I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Place banana chunks on cookie sheet with parchment paper. Stick a toothpick (I used cute little bamboo forks) into each banana. By freezing the banana with the stick, it will help keep your banana from sliding off the stick when you dip it in melted chocolate. Freeze for about 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate using double boiler (I use the microwave). For shame! I know. I heat in glass bowl for one minute, stir, then add another 30 seconds. Stir. If it's still not melted heat in 15 second increments. Works for me!
- Dip frozen bananas in melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with hazelnuts. The chocolate hardens quickly on the frozen treat so be sure to add your nuts quick!
- Put back in freezer. Once chocolate is set, place pops (with sticks) in freezer bag. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**