Greek Puff Pastry Appetizer
Need a big kid snack that is easy yet impressive? You HAVE to make these. I know I say that a lot. But I’m the writer and recipe creator, so trust me on this one (and all the others).
These took very little time to make. While they were baking I cut up all the veggies. I served them to some friends for lunch and got thumbs up all around!
What a great appetizer to serve at your Super Bowl party this weekend! Enjoy!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 12 squares
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 oz artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped black olives
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Thaw pastry on counter for about 40 minutes, per package directions.
- Unfold pastry and cut along fold lines. Then cut in opposite direction to make 12 even squares. Lay squares on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In small bowl mix 2 Tbsp olive oil with garlic. Brush onto pastry. Sprinkle pastry with mozzarella cheese and 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Bake pastry in 400 degree oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix artichoke, olives, cucumber, tomato, Italian seasoning, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese and kosher salt together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- To toast pine nuts quickly, lay on microwave dish in single layer. Microwave for 4 minutes, stirring after each minute. Set aside.
- To assemble, top each piece of pastry with a large spoonful of veggies. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately and enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**