Irish Banana Cream Pie
Happy “PI” Day! Did you notice there was no “e” on Pi? Yeah, my little math geek friend, Dorothy, invited me to be a part of this “pi party.”
What? An excuse to make pie? Count me in!
My biggest struggle was trying to figure out what kind of pie to make. I wanted to do something for St.Patrick’s day, so I was thinking something green, like Grasshopper. But then I still had this open bottle of Irish Whiskey from making these Boozy Brownies, and I knew the extra bananas on my counter would be a perfect fit!
I also had a box of Nilla Wafers hidden in my pantry (along with some Oreos, m&m’s, and other goodies). Does anyone else hide food?
I used the Nilla Wafers for the crust, and it was perfect!
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup Nilla wafer crumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 whole bananas
- 1 box (3.5 oz) Instant French Vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cup milk
For the Topping:
- 8oz Cool Whip
- 8 whole Nilla Wafer cookies, for garnish
- For the crust, pulse Nilla wafers in food processor to make crumbs (see note below). Pulse in the sugar and melted butter. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 9inch pie pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- In mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff. In small saucepan melt white chocolate with Bailey's until smooth. Fold into heavy cream.
- In small bowl whisk the pudding mix and the milk together. Pour into Bailey's and cream mixture.
- To assemble, slice bananas and lay on bottom of crust. Pour pudding mixture over bananas and top with cool whip. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with remaining cookies, slice and enjoy.**Note: To get about 1 1/2 cup of crumbs I used about 1/3 of a 12oz box of Nilla Wafers.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**