In honor of Donut Week here at Shugary Sweets, I give you another drink inspired recipe. Is that a problem? Margaritas are one of my favorite go-to drinks when dining out. Bartenders don’t usually screw up a rita on the rocks.
These donuts have a refreshing lime flavor, and the crunch of the granulated sugar will remind you of the “salt on the rim.” I hope you enjoy!! You totally could add in some real tequila if you want to go “there”, but since I brought these doughnuts to my husband at his work, I toned it down. I bet it would have been good though!
- 1 batch basic yeast doughnut recipe, prepared
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Prepare basic yeast doughnut recipe. (see recipe index)
- In saucepan warm milk and cream. Add in lime juice and zest. Remove from heat when warm. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and desired consistency.
- Put 3/4 cup granulated sugar in bowl.
- Dip each doughnut into the glaze and immediately press into the granulated sugar. Allow to harden on cooling rack. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**