Monster Sugar Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 8 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 9 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Decorations:
- mini oreo cookies
- black, green, purple food coloring
- candy corn
- candy eyes
- If you want some of your cookies on sticks, slide lollipop stick under each cut out cookie and press gently.
- Place cookies on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat butter for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add in corn syrup, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat an additional 5 minutes until thick and fluffy!
- Divide frosting into bowls to color. Add food coloring (I use Americolor gel) to tint to desired colors.
- For the Mummy, frost each round cookie white. Press in candy eyes. Put remaining frosting into a pastry bag and pipe onto cookie using tip #5.
- For the Spider, frost each round cookie white. Press a mini oreo cookie into the center. Using your black frosting, pipe legs onto cookie. Dot the eyeballs on the bottom with black frosting and press onto Oreo cookies.
- To make a bouquet, fill bucket with styrofoam. Arrange cookie pops in styrofoam and add rafia to cover styrofoam. ENJOY.
- For Frankenstein, frost each square cookie green. Using black frosting, pipe hair and mouth. Add candy eyes.
- For the One Eyed Purple People Eater, color each circle cookie purple. Place one candy eye in center and a candy corn on top for the horn.
- Store cookies in air tight container. ENJOY.
Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Her recipes have been featured in numerous magazines, and her passion is to share her love of cooking with the everyday home cook!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**