- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice concentrate
- 6 oz Cool Whip
- 1/2 pkg refrigerated pie crust dough (unrolled)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon/sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup toffee bits (Heath)
- In a small non-stick skillet (I used an omelet pan), melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add in apples, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Stir over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, until apples have softened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese with condensed milk and lemon juice for 5 minutes. Add in cooled apple mixture. Fold in Cool Whip. Fill 6-8 dishes for individual servings. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Refrigerate 3 hours until ready to serve.
- To garnish with pie crust, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Spread over unrolled pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Use a small apple cookie cutter and place cut outs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake according to package (mine was 450 degrees for 8 minutes). Cool and garnish each dish. This will make lots of extra "apples" so feel free to put a bowl of little pie crust cookies on the table at dessert. My family enjoyed using these as spoons to scoop up the cheesecake!