No Bake Haystacks
These are delicious no bake haystack cookies turned into bars! Oh, and of course I added some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for an extra PB boost!
I thought about calling these Spider bars. But then I thought maybe that would turn some of you away.
I know most people refer to these cookies as haystacks, but in my family we have ALWAYS called them spiders. And for whatever reason, they only were made at Christmas.
Last week, when the weather was 95 degrees and the popsicles were gone and it was too hot to go shopping, I racked my brain for a no bake dessert. And since I was craving chocolate, my mind went to those delicious cookies from Christmas!
Except, in my laziest moment, I wondered what would happen if I made them into bars. Because you know, no bake cookies already take 15 minutes to make, I wanted to cut out even more time!
The result was awesome. Clearly. And just a word of advice, eat these cold. The butterscotch really comes through when chilled (plus they stay a lot less messy). Hmmmm, maybe that’s why we always had them in the winter?
Anyways, the Reese’s on top are totally optional. While scouring my pantry for a jar of peanuts, a bag of mini Reese’s cups just jumped out me. It was a sign. A delicious, wonderful sign!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
These are delicious no bake haystack cookies turned into bars! Oh, and of course I added some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for an extra PB boost!
- 12oz pkg Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 11oz pkg Butterscotch Morsels
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dry salted peanuts
- 3 cup Chow Mein Noodles
- 8oz pkg Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt semi sweet morsels with butterscoth and peanut butter for one minute. Stir and microwave an additional 30 seconds. Stir again until smooth, or heat an additional 30 seconds. Add peanuts and chow mein noodles to melted mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9inch parchment paper lined baking dish. Press peanut butter cups on top and refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut and enjoy!
Best served cold. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Chocolate and Butterscotch together are amazing. These Triple Chip Revel Bars have that sweet butterscotch flavor in the filling!
I’m a sucker for Butterscotch. Chewy Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars are just plain awesome. It’s a winning combination!
Love Oatmeal Scotchie Cookies? These NO BAKE cookies are incredibly delicious!
Check out some more links from my friends….
- Butterscotch Magic Bars from Crazy for Crust
- Butterscotch Banana Muffins from Inside BruCrew Life
- Soft and Chewy Butterscotch Cookies from Lark’s Country Heart
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**