Orange and Strawberry Almond Streusel Bars
I don’t make breakfast. That’s hubby’s job on the weekend.
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
For the Filling:
- 8oz can almond paste
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
For the Topping:
- 8oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In large bowl, mix melted butter with flour and powdered sugar, until crumbly. Remove 1/3 cup of mixture for later. To remaining crust, press into bottom of baking sheet. I used a cannoli tube to roll the dough evenly into the pan.
- Carefully spread almond paste onto dough using a butter knife or the back of a spoon. Spread strawberry preserves onto one side of the crust and the orange marmalade to the other side.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar. Spoon into a pastry bag (I used tip 48) and make diagonal lines onto top of filling. Sprinkle with reserved crust mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Cut into about 3 dozen squares. I cut mine even smaller, and it made about 60 small rectangles. You can place these on a cookie sheet and stick in the freezer. After 30 minutes remove from the cookie sheet and place in a ziploc bag or airtight freezer safe container. When ready to serve, allow to thaw on counter for at least one hour. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**