Orange Creamsicle Fudge Bites
I love orange flavored treats. I mean, I really really love them. You all can have your chocolate, your peanut butter…but I want orange. Root beer floats rock, too. I admit it. I am addicted. During my pregnancy with my oldest I pretty much had one daily. But Orange Dreamsicles? Heavenly. My grandma always had these in her freezer, along with ice cream bars and fudgesicles. I always went for the Orange bar. These cute little bites of orange fudge taste like an orange creamsicle. No really they do. Except they aren’t frozen. Or ice cream. Other than that…
Hmmm. They look like ice cream. But they are not. I have an obsession with making things bite size right now. Hence the cookie dough bites, banana truffle sundae bites, and the frozen banana bites. If I had any sort of self control and only ate ONE bite, then I can see how convenient that would be, and how good for dieting, etc. However, I eat bite after bite after bite. I can’t stop they are too good. You know what that means? My husbands co-workers are in for a nice treat..off they go! Enjoy!
- 3 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ pkg white chocolate morsels
- 1½ cup marshmallow creme (Fluff)
- 4 tsp orange extract
- 2 oranges, zested
- 9 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 16 oz vanilla bark (white candy coating)
- In large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, evaporated milk and heavy cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture starts to boil. Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add white chocolate morsels and marshmallow creme. Whisk until smooth.
- Add extract, orange zest, and food coloring. Pour into a greased 13x9, foil lined pan. Refrigerate until set (or overnight). Cut into squares and freeze for 30 minutes (or more).
- Melt vanilla bark according to package. Dip each square of orange fudge into chocolate using a fork, tap extra chocolate back into bowl. Decorate immediately with sprinkles if desired.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**