Pumpkin Blossoms are a fun fall twist on the classic peanut butter blossom cookie. Add your favorite flavor of Hershey kiss to the center for a decadent pumpkin cookie!
Why This Recipe is Best
Last year I shared a delicious pumpkin blondie recipe with you. It occurred to me I should turn them into little cookie bites. The result was these Pumpkin Kiss Cookies. . . or, if you prefer Pumpkin Blossom Cookies!
Today my friends, it’s all about the love of pumpkin. And these cookies are going to be a new fall favorite!
- Just 10 minutes to prep
- Chewy, lightly spiced pumpkin cookies
- Pumpkin and chocolate candies in the middle
- Sugar – Light brown sugar gives a chewy texture to these cookies. Dark brown sugar is fine to use as well if that’s what you have.
- Butter – I use unsalted butter in my baking so I can control the amount of salt. If you only have salted butter, just omit the pinch of salt in the recipe.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour works great for these cookies. Learn how to measure flour properly so you don’t get a dense cookie.
- Pumpkin – Be sure to use 100% PURE canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Hershey Kiss – The soft pumpkin-flavored Pumpkin Kisses candy at the center of a chewy cookie is a fall fest in your mouth. But I also love the original chocolate kisses at the center, so I use both!
Step 1. Mix. Beat the sugar, butter, pumpkin, egg and salt until combined. Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and blend for 1 to 2 minutes, until well combined.
Step 2. Scoop. Scoop the batter into a greased mini muffin tin, distributing it evenly.
Step 3. Bake. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for about 18 minutes.
Step 4. Press. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss or candy into the center of each one. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then remove and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Fill the mini muffin tin evenly so your cookies are the same size and bake in the same amount of time.
- Don’t overbake your pumpkin blossoms or you could have a dry, crumbly cookie. Take them out BEFORE they begin to brown.
- Candy Substitutes – Instead of pumpkin or chocolate kisses, you could also use dark chocolate, white chocolate, hazelnut or any flavor! Or try these with mini Reese’s cups or other mini candies like Snickers or Twix. Or use candy corn for a fall theme!
- Store the cookies in an even layer so the kiss in the center doesn’t get squished.
After cooling and removing the cookies from the muffin tin, enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yes! After cooling completely, place them in a freezer safe container. If you have more than one layer of cookies to freeze, put a sheet of wax paper between the layers to keep the kiss center in tact. Let thaw at room temperature when ready to serve.
The mini muffin pan makes the cookies evenly sized and creates a little “nest” for the center candy but if you don’t have one, you can still make these. Form the cookie dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet, use your hands to flatten the cookies slightly. After baking, immediately press a candy in the center.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Butter Pecan frosted Pumpkin Bars: moist delicious bars, that are great for freezer keeping too!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars: a layer of graham crust topped with pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip: perfect when paired with gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 24 Hershey Kisses any variety, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter, pumpkin, egg and salt until combined. Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Blend completely for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a small scoop, fill muffin pan until ALL the batter is used, evenly distributing the batter.
- Bake for about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss in the center of each blossom.
- Allow to cool in pan about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. ENJOY.
- Other Hershey’s Kiss Flavors: Dark chocolate kisses or white chocolate hugs would be wonderful in the Pumpkin Blossoms too! Or Hazelnut. Or caramel. Okay, basically any kind of kiss will taste amazing here (except peppermint. . . I wouldn’t make these with peppermint kisses).
- Mini candy bars: Miniature snickers, Twix bars, or even Reese’s cups are other great candies to try at the center of these blossoms.
- Candy corn: For a real fall treat extravaganza, press candy corns (laying flat) onto the cookies. I’d arrange them in a star or wheel pattern for a pretty cookie, perfect for Halloween parties.