Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp root beer concentrate (I use McCormicks)
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 qt vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- Beat butter and sugar in mixer for 3 minutes, until combined and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in root beer concentrate. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Drop by large tablespoons onto parchment paper line baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on wire rack before adding ice cream.
- To assemble, scoop one large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream between two equal sized cookies. Press the cookies together, wrap in foil, and freeze at least one hour.
- To go the extra mile, you can melt white chocolate in a double boiler and frost the cookies with the melted chocolate. Allow to set about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**