S’more Granola Bars
I’m always looking for a good, healthy snack. For the kids (not me, who are we kidding, I snack on root beer fudge). This is a basic granola bar recipe, one you might remember from here. I made a slight twist and instead of peanut chocolate chip, this one is all S’more goodness. Grahams, marshmallow, and chocolate.
Not that I condone s’mores, I think I’ve made myself pretty clear on that subject! However, I enjoy treats that mimic the real thing, but don’t involve fireballs on the end of a poker!
Make these for your kids today (or yourself). Then you too might feel better about not putting dangerous weapons in the hands of children! ha!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cup granola
- 1/3 cup semi sweet morsels
- 1/3 cup crushed graham crackers (not crumbs)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow bits (the crunchy kind that go in a jar)
- In large saucepan, mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Boil while stirring continuously for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Quickly fold in crushed grahams and granola. Add chocolate and marshmallows. Spread into a parchment lined 13x9 dish. Press firmly into pan, cover, and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Cut into rectangle bars, store tightly covered. Enjoy!
Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Her recipes have been featured in numerous magazines, and her passion is to share her love of cooking with the everyday home cook!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**