Sweet and Salty Brownies
Let’s talk for a minute about my obsession with sweet and salty.
Okay, I was lazy. I knew I had a jar of caramel sauce, plus I knew my husband would be working late. Which means any extra dishes (like a sticky pot of caramel) would be mine to clean up. So I grabbed the jar of caramel sauce. And it worked great!
These moist and chewy (and very chocolaty) brownies are a keeper in our house now!
- 11 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate morsels)
- 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 1 tsp salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In large microwave bowl, mix butter and dark chocolate pieces. Microwave for one minute, stir, microwave for 30 second intervals until melted and incorporated (mine took 2 minutes total).
- Whisk in sugars until completely combined. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Do not overbeat. Fold in flour mixture using a spatula.
- Pour half batter into a buttered, and parchment paper lined, 13x9 glass pan. Drizzle caramel sauce over batter, being careful not to get too close to the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Pour remaining batter over caramel and salt.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining salt and 1 tsp granulated sugar. I cooled mine in the refrigerator for a couple hours before cutting. Delish!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**