The Perfect Tan isn’t just what you’re trying to get at the beach! It’s the name of a delicious milkshake recipe with Baileys Irish Cream, chocolate and Ice Cream. Sip on it while you’re sunbathing all summer long.
Bailey’s makes everything better, froma Baileys Cheesecake to Irish Cream Coffee creamer. Milkshakes are no exception!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe is Best
The “Perfect Tan” milkshake gets its name, as you might expect, from the golden tan color you get when you combine vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and Bailey’s.
- A boozy milkshake. . . with chocolate!
- Only 3 ingredients.
- Perfect contrast of black and tan color.
- Add a cherry on top for a classic soda fountain look!
It looks similar to the popular Irish bar drink, the Black and Tan, only made with Bailey’s and ice cream instead of beer.
Go ahead and make a few of these shakes to share for dessert or pass around at your next pool party!
You only need 3 ingredients for this Irish cream milkshake. 5 if you include the toppings. And believe me, you need the toppings!
- Vanilla ice cream. Use your favorite brand or try this homemade vanilla ice cream recipe.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream. Blended with the ice cream for that boozy whiskey-infused quality.
- Chocolate syrup. Drizzle this inside the milkshake glass before adding the blended ice cream. Use our homemade chocolate syrup for best flavor!
Milkshake Tips and Tricks
Why make your own milkshakes at home? Because YOU get to control how thick you want your shake!
This recipe starts with 4 cups of ice cream. Blended with the Bailey’s Irish Cream it becomes thick, but liquid enough to drink with a straw.
If you’re someone who likes those super thick shakes you can only slurp with an extra wide straw or a spoon, feel free to add more ice cream!
For thinner (and boozier) black and tan shakes, add more Bailey’s. It’s simple as that.
The signature flavor of The Perfect Tan milkshake comes primarily from the Bailey’s, which contains some alcohol.
Milkshakes should be made right before serving and enjoyed right away! It only takes a couple of minutes to blend the shakes together.
This recipe yields two LARGE milkshakes. You could easily double the recipe if your blender is large enough, or just make two batches!
Or feel free to cut the recipe in half to make a single serving.
More Ice Cream Desserts
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
The Perfect Tan
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- whipped cream and cherry for garnish
- In two large glasses, drizzle chocolate syrup around the insides of glass. Set aside.
- In a blender, process the vanilla ice cream with Baileys, until smooth and creamy. To make thicker, add more ice cream. To make thinner, add more Baileys.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and cherry. ENJOY immediately!
- If you’re someone who likes those super thick shakes you can only slurp with an extra wide straw or a spoon, feel free to add more ice cream!
- For thinner (and boozier) black and tan shakes, add more Bailey’s. It’s simple as that.
“The Perfect Tan” is a Bailey’s milkshake with vanilla ice cream and chocolate. Blend up a batch and you’ll feel like you’re on vacation, without ever leaving home!
I tried this. absolutely delicious my favorite treat ! Breyers vanilla bean ice cream a must! Great to have with the gals
That really will be awesome!
Oooooh so beautiful drink! 🙂
It seems like “The Perfect Tan” calls for Kahlua and Butterscotch Schnapps, according this website:
The Perfect Tan
Kahlua, Baileys, Butterscotch Schnapps, blended with ice cream … Sinfully Delicious!
My husband and I were just discussing how we needed to go back to Hawaii for a visit. Maybe it’s time for us to decide where we’re retiring. 😉 I love anything with Bailey’s – this looks awesome!
That IS the perfect tan. No sun damage, just breezy deliciousness. I’m very jealous of your Hawaii trip, by the way. Gotta check out pictures so I can be madly envious even more!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Hawaii — how fun! And this is my kinda milkshake, I can’t wait to give it a try!
Oh my goodness, this IS the perfect tan! Love it!
Okay, so I’m adding this to my list of must-haves next week!! 🙂
Eeek. So exciting!!
Oh man! This is my kinda milkshake!!
This looks perfect and delicious and cold and refreshing!! I love it!
Good gravy! I would love to be slurping that down while sitting by the pool in Hawaii! What a gorgeous and delicious shake!!!
Let’s go together. You know. For recipe tasting and testing 🙂
I could seriously go one right now!!!!
Hahaha, when I saw the title of your post.. I wasn’t sure what you were going to be talking about 🙂 I think I should try this perfect tan!
I’m so tricky. LOL
I need one of these while I sit by the pool today.
This looks delicious and easy and you’re putting me in vacation mode. Well, my wife and I have really really dark skin and tan so easily. This is weird because I’m English and she’s English and Russian. Go figure. Our one daughter is dark like us and the other is like Casper. We have to put SPF of 70 on her constantly and she still burns, poor girl!