I tend to get obsessive when it comes to my baking. Whether it’s a pumpkin obsession, truffle obsession, or pink Valentine treats obsession. I take things a bit overboard. To the point where my family says to me, “another pink treat???”
Not that they are complaining, after all, these are quite tasty.
But it did get me thinking about cake. Are you all a whipped cream frosting or buttercream frosting type of people? I personally am buttercream. The more sugar the better. Not to say I would pass on a piece of cake with whipped cream frosting…oh no, not at all.
For the cookie:
- 11 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar (or granulated)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- For the cookies, beat butter with vanilla sugar for 3-4 minutes. Add egg and salt. Beat in vanilla and flour. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Roll dough into one inch balls. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press small teaspoon to make an indent in the center of the cookie. Cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat butter, cherry juice and powdered sugar until creamy and desired consistency.
- Put frosting in a decorator bag with a star tip. Pipe frosting onto cookie indent and immediately decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Enjoy!