One of the best cookies I’ve made. This week.
Turtle Cookies: decadent chocolate cookie packed with caramel, pecans and drizzles of melted chocolate!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate Hershey's cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- Beat butter and sugars for 3 minutes until well combined. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Fol in caramel bits and 3/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for one hour.
- Scoop chilled dough, by large tablespoon, onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack.
- Drizzle cookies with melted semi-sweet chocolate and immediately sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans.
- Enjoy warm for a fudgy, chewy cookie. Or allow to cool completely for a more stiff, rich and chocolatey cookie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.