Vanilla Bean Cupcakes and a Baby Shower!
This past year I’ve ventured out into doing dessert catering.
Wait, hang in there…it gets less confusing, I promise.
I guess you can tell it was a baby shower for a girl. A sweet baby girl, to be named Kanella (a Greek family name).
That’s me up top there surrounded by all my treats I made for the shower.
All the gorgeous flowers came from one of the mother’s gardens. Just beautiful.
(see the burlap table runner I made for Christmas HERE)
The rich vanilla flavor is just over the top delicious. I use vanilla bean paste in this recipe. I LOVE VANILLA BEAN PASTE. Like a lot. I order mine HERE from Beanilla. I also get my vanilla beans from there as well! So worth it. The paste I buy two bottles at a time.
Thanks again Jennifer and Katie for sharing pictures from this special day. Congrats Krista on your baby girl!!!
For the Cupcakes:
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk (I used fat free)
- 1 Tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 48 candy eyes
- For the cake, whisk together the egg whites, vanilla bean paste and 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly add in egg mixture, beating until fully incorporated. Beat in the remaining 1/2 cup milk. Turn mixer on high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake in a 350 degree oven for 17-18 minutes, until set (will begin to lightly brown on edges). Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter for 5 minutes until pale in color. Add sugar, vanilla bean paste and milk. Beat an additional 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cupcakes by filling pastry bag and using tip 48, pipe "stripes" onto top of cupcakes. Add candy eyes. ENJOY!
Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Her recipes have been featured in numerous magazines, and her passion is to share her love of cooking with the everyday home cook!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**