Holiday Puppy Chow
Have fun this holiday season by making a big batch of Holiday Puppy Chow. It’s so easy, festive, and delicious!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
**I’ve partnered with Pillsbury to bring you some great recipes! All opinions are 100% my own, of course!!**
I am so excited about today’s recipe. You all know by now that I have a slight obsession with Puppy Chow.
And no, I’m not talking about the dog food. This is for human consumption only (so please don’t send me emails that your puppy got ill, haha)!!
When Pillsbury sent me some of their holiday products to use in today’s recipe, my eyes were drawn to those red and green cans of Holiday frosting!
This is the most magical time of year.
I feel like I’m walking in a winter wonderland.
Baby, It’s cold outside.
Okay, yes. I am obsessed with Christmas music right now. I have been playing it since November 1st. But I feel like I can finally relax about my crazy obsession with the holidays because it is now socially acceptable to decorate your house and listen to holiday music (admittedly the decorations in my house were up before Thanksgiving).
And, it is also socially acceptable to enjoy holiday treats. All month long! Starting with this delicious, puppy chow.
Today’s version is super simple too! And, as you can see, it makes a ton!
It’s the perfect snack to make and share with family and friends this season. You can fill large mason jars, wrap some pretty ribbon around the top. Add a tag and voila! Insta-gift.
Connect with Pillsbury:
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign Up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Holiday Puppy Chow
Yield: 12 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 12 cup rice squares cereal
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury Holiday Funfetti frosting (red)
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury Holiday Funfetti frosting (green)
- 12 oz white chocolate, melted (I use Ghirardelli melting wafers)
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- In two large bowls, add 6 cups of the cereal. Set aside.
- In a glass, microwave safe bowl, add red frosting into dish. Heat in microwave for one minute, stir until smooth (you may need to add another 30 seconds if not completely melted). Add in half of the melted white chocolate.
- Pour over one bowl of cereal, mixing until combined. In a large plastic resealable bag, add 2 cup powdered sugar. Add contents of bowl to bag. Seal and shake until powdered sugar covers all the cereal.
- Repeat with the green frosting.
- Store puppy chow in airtight container for up to 5 days. ENJOY!
**I am part of the Pillsbury Celebrate More Blogger Ambassador program. The J.M. Smucker Company has sent me free product samples and compensated me to develop a Fall recipe. All opinions are 100% my own. I’m so thankful to my sponsors who help keep my cost down, and the food on the table!**