Cherry Fudge with Dark Chocolate

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 10, 2012

Soft Cherry Fudge recipe topped with a dark chocolate ganache!

It’s been awhile since I made fudge. And this version was worth the wait! You can whip up a batch of this just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Or just because tomorrow!

The smooth cherry fudge with chunks of dried cherries is so addictive, and topped with dark chocolate? Talk about one perfect bite!

Not in the mood for cherry fudge? Then you must go visit some of my blog friends who are posting fudge today too! Try to stop over at each of their blogs to say hello! Love these ladies….

Ashton over at Something Swanky made you all some Red Velvet Fudge
Dorothy from Crazy for Crust made some delicious 100 Grand Fudge
Mandy at Mandy’s Recipe Box is sharing her Smooth as Silk Fudge
Holly from Life as a Lofthouse shared her Snickers Fudge
Jocelyn over at Inside BruCrew Life made some yummy Red Hot Oreo Fudge

Cherry Fudge with Dark Chocolate

Yield: 48 pieces

• 2 1/2 cup white chocolate
  • 7oz jar Fluff (marshmallow cream)
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • pinch salt
  • 1 Tbsp cherry flavored gelatin
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 10oz dark chocolate, melted

1. In large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, cream and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, set timer for 5 minutes and add in cherry gelatin.
  2. After 5 minutes remove from heat. In mixing bowl, add white chocolate and marshmallow cream. Pour hot mixture over this and beat with a whisk until smooth and creamy (and all chocolate is melted. Fold in dried cherries.
  3. Pour in a parchment paper lined 9inch square pan. Pour melted dark chocolate over cherry fudge and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy!

Jocelyn February 10, 2012 at 11:52 am

I am so happy to be fudge hopping with you today! Now if only I had some of your yummy cherry fudge in hand as I click through the links. I think you were onto something when you said we should all mail out our fudge:-) Where’s my box???

Something Swanky February 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm

We SHOULD all mail our goodies next time! I did the blogger cookie exchange at Christmas time and that went perfectly! Let’s do it!

Aimee- your fudge looks so elegant! It’s beautiful! What a great job :) Loving the hop!

Tina February 10, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Great subject for a blog hop! I do love chocolate and cherries-yum! Not only does this sound delicious, the presentation is just off the charts. Very eye catching! You did an amazing job with the photos. Saving this recipe-thanks Aimee. Enjoy the weekend!

Lizzy February 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm

So beautiful and delicious!!! And I’m jealous of your perfect slicing…wow :)

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos February 10, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Gorgeous! Can’t wait to check out all of the others!

Holly February 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Oh my gosh Aimee. This fudge looks heavenly! Looks like I’m going to be making fudge all weekend! lol I am so glad we all did the hop together! :)

Wende February 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm

YUMMY!

Wende
The Rickett Chronicles

Artsy VaVa February 10, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Your fudge looks too pretty to eat!!!

Kristina February 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Yum!! Your fudge looks adorable, perfectly layered chocolate and those dried cherries… o yum!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm

This is so pretty! And oh, it looks SO good too. I’m so excited to be part of the hop with you! :)

Mandy February 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Look how gorgeous your fudge is! I am so happy we did this. So yeah, next time we should share with each other!

amy @ fearless homemaker February 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm

this looks absolutely divine + perfect for valentine’s day. YUM!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

So festive and I bet so wonderful tasting! And the layers are so perfect and neat. Great work :)

The Mom Chef February 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Your fudge is BEAUTIFUL! I don’t think I’ve ever seen any like that before. Well, well done!

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com February 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I love this! We just posted our very first Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party and we would LOVE for you to stop by and link this up! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

bakingbad February 10, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Looks incredible and way too decadent I am in love! Thanks for sharing on weekend potluck!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny February 10, 2012 at 4:51 pm

How cute are these?! Perfect for Valentine’s Day! I might just make these and bring them into my office! {So I don’t eat them all of course ;)}

Kiri W. February 11, 2012 at 1:01 am

This must be the visually prettiest fudge I have ever seen! Mmmm. I have never had cherry fudge, actually!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son February 11, 2012 at 1:49 am

A fudge blog hop? I love it!

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 11, 2012 at 5:11 am

Oh yum! Looks amazing!!

Jaime February 11, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Looks and sounds delicious! x

Robin @ Simply Southern Baking February 12, 2012 at 1:52 pm

This sounds awesome! Yummm!

TidyMom February 12, 2012 at 4:50 pm

This sounds delicious and looks so pretty!

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/valentine-treats-and-boxes/
Have a great rest of the weekend

Heidi Bundles Of Hugs February 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Ohh pretty! I love the pink color its perfect for Valentine’s Day.

Jenn Erickson February 12, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I was enjoying a round-up over at Tidymom and one particular feature caught my eye. So…I clicked it and look where it led! I shouldn’t be surprised. Your treats always catch my eye and spark a craving!

Megan February 13, 2012 at 4:13 am

Wow! What an awesome recipe!

Maria February 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Cherry and dark chocolate are perfect together! Love those two flavors together! This looks delicious and beautiful too!

Rachel February 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm

You know I adore dark chocolate! AND I have a passionate love for cherries, too.

WANT!

Winnie February 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

These look wonderful!
I’ve never tasted cherry fudge before, and I’d really like a piece now :)

Six Sisters February 15, 2012 at 7:48 pm

These look amazing! I love cherry and fudge! We would love for you to share this on our Saturday Link Party at SixSistersstuff.com. Hope to see you there!
-The Sisters

Jenn Erickson February 21, 2012 at 4:09 am

Can’t wait to try, and definitely one of the FB features for “A Little Birdie Told Me…” today!

Jenn

Wende March 7, 2012 at 7:41 am

Hi! I shared your recipe on my Must Try Tuesday blog post today.

I can’t wait to try this recipe.

Thanks for sharing!

Wende
The Rickett Chronicles

The Better Baker August 25, 2012 at 3:27 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

burlap fabric October 30, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I absolutely love your site.. Great colors & theme. Did you build this amazing site
yourself? Please reply back as I’m wanting to create my own personal blog and would love to know where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Thank you!
burlap fabric recently posted..burlap fabricMy Profile

LeAnn January 11, 2013 at 4:57 pm

WOW. Just made this for the 2nd time. So yummy.

Kelli J February 14, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Your pictures were so beautiful I just had to try this recipe … fudge is something new for me and the only problem I had was the dark chocolate topping needed to be melted with butter or something to soften it for when it set. It was very hard vs the cherry fudge, it cracked and broke when I cut it. But we enjoyed it anyway …

Misty February 14, 2014 at 10:51 am

I used morsels and melted them in a double boiler (or a glass bowl placed on top of a pot of boiling water) and warmed the chocolate at a very slow speed (f it gets too hot it will clump) and mine turned out okay.

connie w October 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm

The white choc you use is that morsels or what kind of white choc?? Is the measurement before or after melted??

rosie setiawan October 16, 2013 at 3:40 am

hi…i’m in indonesia, i just ask,
actually i’m so difficult to find cherry gelatin ( halal Product – moslem ) and fluff ( marshmallow cream )….any idea to change this ingridients….
thanx u so much…u give me experience to try any kind of best fudge ever….

Misty February 14, 2014 at 10:53 am

I have no clue if this will work but you might try knox unflavored gelatin and a teaspoon of cherry extract in place of the cherry gelatin and melt a bag of miniature marshmallows instead of using fluff.

Anna Hawkins October 28, 2013 at 5:54 pm

How do you cut so neatly?

aimee @ shugarysweets October 28, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Practice. And cleaning the knife with warm water between each cut :)

Danni Hughes November 9, 2013 at 10:02 pm

How are you measuring the white chocolate? Are you using white chocolate chips or melts or bar? Would love to make this fudge.

aimee @ shugarysweets November 10, 2013 at 9:22 am

I use white chocolate morsels (chips).

Trish November 26, 2013 at 3:58 pm

So. I found this recipe on Pinterest. It sounds fabulous and I want to make it this evening but I realized you don’t have a butter measurement!

Trish November 26, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Never mind about the butter. So sorry! I must be blind!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 27, 2013 at 7:45 am

haha! No worries. ENJOY!!

Beverly December 1, 2013 at 11:27 am

could I use maraschino cherries and maybe some of the syrup or cherry extract instead of jello?

aimee @ shugarysweets December 1, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I’m not sure, I’ve never tried that!

Caroline December 4, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Let me tell you, when I saw these on Facebook, I couldn’t click over fast enough! I LOVE pairing cherries and chocolate so much! You know that one piece in those assorted boxes of chocolates that has that pink fondant with the cherries and then it’s covered in chocolate…ahhhh…these remind of those. And I love those. :)
Caroline recently posted..Baked Chocolate Glazed DonutsMy Profile

jennifer December 13, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Do you use dried candied cherries orjust regular dried cherries?

mila December 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Delicious…good job.
intentare hacerlo un dia en casa a ver que tal me sale ..parece facil pero no se ya veremos
un besete
mila

Karen December 15, 2013 at 11:30 pm

I made this to hand out at my work and it was not only easy to make, it is delicious. I can think of no better combination than cherry and dark chocolate with the creaminess of white chocolate fudge. I am so excited to get feed back from my coworkers, and it looks so pretty! Thank You!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 16, 2013 at 10:05 am

Oh that cherry fudge is one of my all time favorites!! Hope your coworkers love it :)

Jenn December 22, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I made this using carnation milk instead if the heavy cream. The fudge tastes great and has less fat. If you’re lactose intolerant like me, you can eat more!

Kristen Duke January 1, 2014 at 9:26 pm

This looks so tasty!! It looks like it would be perfect for Valentine’s Day but I’m not sure I can wait that long to try it out!
Kristen Duke recently posted..2014 GoalsMy Profile

Lyuba@willcookforsmiles January 4, 2014 at 7:38 pm

You are definitely the queen of fudge! This cherry/chocolate fudge combo sounds great!
Lyuba@willcookforsmiles recently posted..Show Stopper Saturday Link Party, Featuring Dessert BarsMy Profile

Mikeila February 1, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I’m super new to making fudge and tried making this fudge today. Everything was going great until I began mixing my hot mixture with the marshmallow fluff and chocolate. While I was whisking, the butter completely separated from the mixture and my recipe was ruined. I want to try making it again but I would like to figure out what i did wrong before I attempt it… Any ideas?

Misty February 14, 2014 at 10:58 am

I had the same problem. I read the recipe as you are supposed to use a whisk and a mixing bowl but after reading the comments discovered we should be using an electric stand mixer with a whisk attachment (and should probable gradually add the hot mixture). I am going to try this on my next attempt in hopes that the speed and power of the mixer will keep it from separating.

Jenni February 1, 2014 at 9:18 pm

we made this today and it was not I good as we expected. not fudge really at all. tasted only like white chocolate. I would suggest adding more cherry gelatin or some kind of a cherry extract. Also there appeared to be to much butter – it did not really mix in all that well and I would not use a wire whisk for mixing because it is to difficult to get the mixture out of the wire.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:06 am

Hmmm, not sure why it didn’t come out right for you. It definitely has a cherry flavor! As for the whisk, I use an electric mixture with the whisk attachment and have no problems with it sliding right off the whisk!

Misty February 14, 2014 at 11:04 am

All I tasted was white chocolate also. I think on my next attempt I will use 1 tablespoon of sugar free cherry gelatin instead of regular cherry gelatin. The flavor in 1 Tbsp of sugar free should be much more intense instead of mostly sugar.

tracey February 11, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I decided to try this recipe for some of the girls at work as a Valentines day treat.Everything was going smoothly until I got to the part where you add the chocolate on top.I had this odd feeling that the cherry part should set a bit in the fridge. When I put the chocolate on and tried to even it out…..I ended up with an ugly fudged up mess :( I will be honest and say that I went with milk chocolate chips.Should I have used the baking squares? If not….what went wrong? I plan to make another patch. Needless to say! Would like to know what I should do differently.

tracey February 11, 2014 at 10:15 pm

By the way….I DIDNT put it in the fridge….

Laurie @ Frosting and a Smile April 15, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I saw these on Pinterest and my mouth literally started watering. I want to make this right now but I don’t have any fluff. I’m tempted to go out in the snow to get some. Yeah, it’s snowing in mid-April. That’s life in the Poconos.
Laurie @ Frosting and a Smile recently posted..Skinny Mini Strawberry CheesecakesMy Profile

PattyJean May 21, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Please don’t think I’m stupid but is the cherry flavored gelatin like Jell-O brand jell-0?

MrsLLP143 July 13, 2014 at 4:19 pm

In the process of making these today. I used Ghirardelli for both the white and dark chocolate, quality is key :) I also opted to chill the cherry mix for an hour before adding the dark chocolate layer. I have to admit, I’ve had this recipe bookmarked for quite some time, can’t wait to taste it!