Peppermint Brownie Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 9, 2013

Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites paired with a fluffy Peppermint Frosting and topped with a Peppermint Hershey Kiss!

Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Frosting and Peppermint Kisses

Yesterday I had a couple hours to “waste” while my daughter was at swim practice. So of course, I chose to go to Target. The perfect place to spend time, wandering aimlessly.

It was actually pretty nice. I wandered up and down almost every aisle in the store. Talked with a few people I knew. Read the backs of movies. The inside covers of books. Grabbed a cup of Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. Filled my basket with several hundred dollars of goods. I was cozy. I was comfortable. I was relaxed. (there is a point to this story…bear with me!)

By the time I got outside, it was raining. Ran to the car, loaded it…and wondered why when I started my car my feet were kinda cold.

OMG guys, I realized for the past two hours I had been wandering the store in SLIPPERS. I drive a lot of carpools, and many times I grab my slippers or a pair of slides and run them where they need to be, never having to get out of the car.

This day, however, I did get out of the car. And walked around Target (it wasn’t walmart….) then ran to my car in the rain in slippers. Who does that?

Apparantly I do. No wonder I was so relaxed…I had slippers on my feet!!

It’s okay though. I’m a confident 40 yr old women who doesn’t care what people think of me. Much. Well, at least that’s what us old ladies who shop in our slippers are supposed to say!

Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Frosting and Peppermint Kisses

When I got home, I had the leftovers of these brownies to make me feel better. That totally helped.

These brownies are my favorite, one bowl, from scratch recipe! Seriously, stop buying boxed mixes, these are so easy to whip up! Look at how dark and fudgy they are!

While they cooled I made a quick batch of peppermint buttercream frosting. I pressed a Candy cane kiss into each brownie and added some extra sprinkles for fun!

Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Frosting and Peppermint Kisses

I also tried using the Mint Truffle Hershey Kiss chocolates. Guess what? Those were amazing with the dark chocolate brownies too!!

ENJOY. Happy Holidays. Wear shoes….

Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Frosting and Peppermint Kisses

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Peppermint Brownie Bites

Yield: 3-4 dozen

Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Frosting and a Peppermint Hershey Kiss. An easy to make holiday treat!

For the brownies:
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 large eggs
  • For the Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp milk
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • 36-48 Peppermint Hershey Kiss Chocolate candies
  • sprinkles

1. In a large, microwave safe bowl, heat butter until melted (about 1 minute).
  2. Add sugar, flour, and cocoa. Mix with a wooden spoon until fully combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and blend completely!!
  3. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick baking spray. Scoop a large tablespoon into each muffin cavity. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 9-11 minutes. Allow brownies to cool in pans about 10-15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack, before frosting.
  4. For the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar, milk and peppermint extract for 4 minutes on high until fluffy. Spoon into a decorating bag with a tip (any tip is fine). Pipe one circle of frosting onto each cooled brownie. Top immediately with sprinkles and a Hershey Kiss.
  5. Store in a covered container at room temperature for 3-5 days. ENJOY.

chocolate

Candy Cane Oreo cookie bars

Candy Cane Oreo Cookie Bars

chocolate-peppermint-grahams

Chocolate Peppermint Graham Crackers

homemade-hot-cocoa

Homemade Hot Chocolate

Untitled

peppermint fudge

Peppermint Fudge

peppermint-puppy-chow

Peppermint Puppy Chow

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life December 9, 2013 at 8:00 am

Hahahahahahahaha! You are starting a whole new class of people…the people of Target. Come in your slippers, we are the most comfortable place to shop! Seriously! I AM laughing AT and WITH you right now…only because I heart you so much!!!! The funniest part…I totally could have done this. Glad it was you this time!!! Did you at least get some fun things?
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 9, 2013 at 1:41 pm

People of Target. LOVE IT!!! We could do it together!?! Of course I got fun things, how can you go to Target and NOT get fun stuff?!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peppermint Brownie BitesMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes December 9, 2013 at 9:23 am

These are adorable – they look like little Santa hats!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Soft molasses (and rum) cookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 10, 2013 at 6:54 am

Santa hats! Love it!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) December 9, 2013 at 9:30 am

How cute are these brownie bites?????

aimee @ shugarysweets December 10, 2013 at 6:54 am

Thanks girl!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks December 9, 2013 at 10:38 am

So cute, Aimee! I need a dozen :)

aimee @ shugarysweets December 10, 2013 at 6:53 am

Dang. I should have sent you some instead of eating a dozen on my own ;)

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life December 9, 2013 at 11:05 am

I am a ok with you starting a slippers at Target trend! Sounds like the best way to shop! I love Target:) And I love these peppermint brownie bites! The different layers definitely caught my eye and the flavor combo is the best one of winter!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Gooey Cake BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 9, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Thanks girl! They are as delicious as they look :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peppermint Brownie BitesMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction December 9, 2013 at 2:28 pm

These are so festive! Perfect treats to bring to a Christmas party!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Eggnog Streusel BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 10, 2013 at 6:53 am

Thanks Jessica. Unfortunately, these never made it to a party :)

Shiloh Barkley December 9, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Right there! Adorableness!
Shiloh Barkley recently posted..Easy Stove-Top Creamed CornMy Profile

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry December 9, 2013 at 4:21 pm

If i could wear slippers all I day, I would! They are so comfy. I love these peppermint brownie bites. They look amazing.
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Spinach Egg ScrambleMy Profile

DessertForTwo December 9, 2013 at 4:21 pm

HAHAHAHA! I love this story. I wouldn’t have judged you one bit. I probably would have assumed you were an expert shopper in comfy shoes and I would have peeked in your cart to see what I was missing!
I love this homemade brownie bite recipe-wow!
DessertForTwo recently posted..Dinner for Two: Mediterranean Pasta {vegetarian}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

You would have been missing the entire candy aisle. I think I had about two dozen bags of candy in my cart…LOL!!!

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon December 9, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Haha! Now that is a funny story! Love the slippers at Target- with my luck I would have run into someone I know if I did that! Love it- and those brownies, oh man!
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Holiday Spritz CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Totally chatted with a few people I knew. Oh well!! At least I was comfy. Right? RIGHT????

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) December 9, 2013 at 7:08 pm

mmmmm minty chocolatey goodnesssss! Plus, PRETTY!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Chevre and Spinach Pizza with Truffle Honey-Goat Cheeses of France ReviewMy Profile

Erin | The Law Student's Wife December 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm

OMG Aimee. I am dying laughing right now!!! What an amazing story. And you know what? I can totally see myself doing the same thing. Good thing you had these amazing minty chocolate bites to help you recover ;-)
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..Andes Mint CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 9, 2013 at 8:19 pm

You’re laughing at me??? Haha, it’s okay. I chuckled in the car too….after I replayed every conversation in the store in my head! Yes, the chocolate helped :)

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent December 9, 2013 at 8:33 pm

OK. KInda of laughing. I always say I want to wear my slippers to the store or work, but haven’t actually done it :) These brownie bites look amazing with peppermint kisses.
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Red Velvet CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 10, 2013 at 6:51 am

Please do it. They’re quite comfortable ;)

Audra | The Baker Chick December 9, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Chocolate and Peppermint are a match made in heaven this time of year- these brownie bites are so cute and festive!
Audra | The Baker Chick recently posted..Soft Frosted Egg Nog CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 10, 2013 at 6:51 am

Thanks Audra, I can’t get enough of chocolate peppermint these days….

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain December 10, 2013 at 9:08 am

Bahahaha for a second I thought you were going to tell me you had no shoes on at all! So slippers is much better heehee. Maybe you started a new trend: comfy wear at Target! :) I think these brownie bites could definitely start a trend: dessert for dinner!
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Cranberry Orange White Chocolate MuffinsMy Profile

Julie @ Table for Two December 10, 2013 at 9:54 am

These are adorable! They’re like little hats on little brownie men!

You have me cracking up – I thought the same as Jess, I thought you were going to say you were wandering around barefoot. Omg, such a funny story!!
Julie @ Table for Two recently posted..Spiced Almond Crusted Halibut with Pumpkin Sweet Potato PureeMy Profile

Trish - Mom On Timeout December 10, 2013 at 10:46 pm

That’s hilarious Aimee! I sure hope they were cute slippers ;) These brownie bites sure are cute – adorable actually! I love festive AND easy recipes for the holidays :)
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 11, 2013 at 7:32 am

They were just comfy brown moccasins (but they were clearly slipper style)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel December 11, 2013 at 12:15 am

These are so cute, Aimee! They look like little irresistible peppermint bells :)
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Pecan Pie BlondiesMy Profile

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor December 14, 2013 at 1:37 am

I can never resist peppermint and chocolate! These sound awesome!

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil December 15, 2013 at 9:43 am

This is the greatest story and the brownies look amazing!!!
Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil recently posted..Slow Cooker Hot CocoaMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny December 16, 2013 at 10:27 am

These are adorable! So perfect for a party :)
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Orange Cherry Oatmeal Pecan CookiesMy Profile

Kristen Duke January 1, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Yum! These sound so good and I love how festive they are!
Kristen Duke recently posted..2014 GoalsMy Profile