Bakery Style Brownies
Look no further, these thick, fudgy Bakery Style Brownies are the perfect, one bowl brownie recipe you’ll ever need! They also make a great bake sale treat!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect brownie. But, there’s a flaw in that plan. The “perfect brownie” really depends on my mood.
Sometimes I’m in the mood for a fudgy brownie with powdered sugar on top. Sometimes these buttermilk brownies are the answer to my chocolate cravings! And every once in awhile, a little peanut butter brownie can’t hurt either!
Today though, I was on a quest to create a THICK brownie. But it couldn’t be cakey. Because I’m sorry, I am NEVER in the mood for a cake-like brownie. I’d rather just have chocolate cake.
These Bakery Style Brownies are exactly what you’d expect a good bakery to crank out, yet you can make them at home, anytime!
And, they held up to a little bake sale shenanigans. My kids think it’s fun to say “my mom loves to bake and would be happy to bring 50 dozen treats to the bake sale. Tomorrow.”
Okay, I exaggerate a little bit there….I only brought 3 dozen, but usually “tomorrow” is an accurate term. “Oh mom, I forgot to tell you I signed you up to bring treats to my class. Tomorrow.” “Oh mom, did I mention there’s a bake sale and I signed us up for brownies. Tomorrow.” You get the point.
Anyway, these Bakery Style Brownies are our new go-to bake sale treat. We cut each large square in half to make a triangle, then dunked them in melted chocolate and added some fun topping: sprinkles, m&m’s, toffee bits! What toppings would YOU use?
A few tips about these brownies:
- These can be made in ONE bowl. Whether you use a medium sized saucepan, or microwave safe large bowl…clean up is a breeze!
- I use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips in my brownies, use what you have on hand! You can even toss some in at the end to make them chocolate chip brownies! Or toss in some walnuts for some nutty brownies!
- LINE your baking dish with parchment paper (or foil). Not only does it make clean up easier, but you can just lift your brownies out of the pan and cut them!
- DO NOT OVER STIR. When you add in the dry ingredients, use slow but big stirs to incorporate the dry into the wet. Just when you see no more dry, STOP STIRRING!
- Want to eat them sooner? Chill them in the refrigerator so they are easier to cut. Want to make a brownie ice cream sundae? Eat them warm!
- If dipping them in chocolate and adding topping, you’ll definitely want to wait until they have cooled COMPLETELY. Then cut them in 9 large squares, and cut those squares diagonally so you’ll be left with 18 triangles. I use this melting chocolate for perfect results!
You now have in your fingertips the perfect bakery style brownie recipe! ENJOY 🙂
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Bakery Style Brownies
Yield: 9 large brownies
Prep Time:15 minutes, plus cooling time
Cook Time:35 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweeted cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups Ghirardelli chocolate wafers (if desired for decorating) and toppings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and add in chocolate chips and sugar.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring completely after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Using big strokes, stir in JUST until mixed and no longer see dry ingredients. DO NOT BEAT OR OVER STIR.
- Pour batter into dish and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- If wanting to dip in chocolate and toppings, melt Ghirardelli wafers in microwave for one minute, stirring halfway through. Cut COOLED brownies into 9 squares, then cut each square into a triangle. Dip into melted chocolate and add desired toppings! ENJOY
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Looking for more bake sale treat ideas? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Caramel Covered Krispie Treats from Shugary Sweets
- Chocolate Dipped Pretzels from Two Peas and their Pod
- Buttercream Truffles from Shugary Sweets
- Cherry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from All Day I Dream about Food
- Buckeye Bars from Shugary Sweets
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**