If you can’t choose between Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brownies, these Brookie Cookies are the answer! Soft baked brownie cookies with the perfect texture and flavor!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
One of my favorite recipes here on Shugary Sweets is this Brookie recipe. Simple chocolate chip cookies combined with brownies. You’ve got the rich chocolate brownie layer topped with a gooey soft cookie dough, baked to a perfect texture when combined!
I’ve been wanting to make these into cookies for a very long time. I’ve already done Sugar Brookies, Peanut Butter Brookies, and even a Pumpkin Brookie. But, I’ve never tried making them into a cookie…just a bar.
As of today, that changes. And the world has opened my eyes to a new kind of cookie my friends.
Brookie Cookies. With a little tweaking to my original brookie recipe, these came out perfect!
How to make Brookie Cookies:
- Make your brownie batter first. This way as you make your cookie dough, the brownie batter firms up slightly.
- Use Butter flavored Crisco for the cookies. I know you’re going to ask if you can just use butter and the answer is yes. BUT, your texture will be different. You’ll notice a flatter cookie with the butter. The butter flavored Crisco really does make a difference!
- Scoop all your cookie dough and brownie dough using a 1 Tbsp scoop onto parchment paper. Once you have all your little dough balls, grab one of each and combine them gently into one larger dough ball.
- Place your dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet with the brownie batter side slightly over the cookie dough side. This keeps the cookie dough from spreading too much!
- Store in airtight container for up to week, or freeze for later enjoyment!
If you love cookies, here are some more delicious cookie recipes:
Soft and Chewy M&M’S Pudding Cookies: a great cookie to fill your cookie jar!
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies: one of my absolute favorite cookies!
Funfetti Cookies: sprinkles make everything more fun!
Melt in your mouth, Raspberry Shortbread Bars with a delicious crumble on top!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make! I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Brookie Cookies recipe:
If you can't choose between Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brownies, these Brookie Cookies are the answer! Soft baked brownie cookies with the perfect texture and flavor!
For the Brownie dough:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Cookie dough:
- 3/4 cup Butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- For the brownie layer, in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until just combined. Set aside while you make the cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the cookie dough, combine the Crisco, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar. Mix until well blended, add in egg. Add flour, salt and cinnamon and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 Tbsp scoop, scoop all the cookie dough onto a piece of parchment paper on the counter top. Repeat for the brownie dough.
- Take one cookie dough ball and one brownie dough ball and press together gently to form one larger dough ball. Place on parchment paper (place the brownie side a little more on top to keep the cookie dough from spreading too much).
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!
*Today’s recipe for Brookie Cookies was originally published on Shugary Sweets on April 6, 2016 and has been republished in June 2018.
**This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy for more info**