Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes! The perfect bowl of comfort food without leaving your house!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
My family doesn’t love traditional fast food. Which I suppose is a good thing, except when I’m looking to just pick up a quick, on the go meal I’m limited by their taste buds!
Fortunately (or not) for us, our Panera Bread has a drive through, and it’s one of the “fast food” choices we all love. Except it’s pricey. They don’t have a dollar menu!
My goal with my blog has been to create a database of recipes that my family loves. They scroll through often and say “hey, can you make Chicken Lime Enchiladas for dinner?” Or , “I’m craving some Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes for dessert.”
I’ve also been adding to our collection of copycat recipes. Things like Starbucks Lemon Loaf, Panera Mac and Cheese, and Hostess Cupcakes. Our Panera list has grown to include Orange Scones, Cobblestone Muffins and my favorite, Strawberry Pecan Salad. With today’s Broccoli Cheese Soup and our existing Mac and Cheese recipe, we may never have to go there again.
From start to finish, this Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup takes less than 30 minutes. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner idea when you are staring at your pantry unsure what to make! This makes 3-4 decent sized bowls of soup…but you can easily double the recipe if you have hungry eaters, and this is your main dish.
What take out food do YOU wish I had a recipe for? Maybe I can work on it…..
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
Yield: serves 3-4
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15-20 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions (yellow or white)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I used matchsticks that I cut into half inch pieces)
- 2 1/2-3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I use skim/fat free)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (or more as desired)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot over medium high heat, melt butter. Add in onions, carrots and broccoli. Cook to soften about 5 minutes (may be more or less depending on the size vegetables you cut).
- Slowly add in broth, milk, and cream. Sprinkle with flour and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Continue stirring and heating over medium heat until thickened. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once thick, add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Serve soup and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**